i bought few days ago ROC-RK3328-CC, 4GB version, with 16GB eMMC 5.x card from Firefly: Firefly | Make technology more simple , Make life more intellingent.
I'am able to run only LibreELEC only from t-firefly page.
I suppose, that version's for my SBC are like: LibreELEC-RK3328.[something].roc-cc.img.gz
- i tried only *roc-cc.img.gz images
- behaviour is always same: after flash image, after few seconds board switch to mode, when only red LED flashing, and after another few seconds is board rebooted, than again this loop
- i tried both ways: install it on SD card or eMMC with same results
I tried many IMG's, and have these results:
- i'am able to flash and run mo123 builds (after flash MVR9, or Rock64 image, my board just boot and start kodi), but without wifi (i'am using Tenda U3 wi-fi dongle: Tenda U3 300Mbps Mini Wireless 11N USB Adapter-Tenda-All For Better NetWorking)
- i'am albe to flash and run LibreELEC build from t-firefly.com download page Firefly | Make technology more simple , Make life more intellingent.
- in package from t-firefly.com download page is: LibreELEC-RK3328.arm-9.0-devel-20180412193409-r28268-g161230a-roc-cc.img
- this IMG from Firefly works form me, and also with my wifi dongle (Tenda U3 - mentioned before), but unable to run/install any pvr.addons - it's says some "kodi.binary.global.main" problem, it's unable to met dependency kodi.binary.global.main v1.0.3, or something like that..... (i think, this is about obsolete Kodi build).
Can You someone able to help me to run some LibreELEC build for my ROC-RK3328-CC with working pvr.addons?
Why is behaviour of nigtly/snapshot builds for *roc-cc.img like flashing red LED and nothing happend?
Why I unable to access/use wifi with mo123 build for other RK3328 SBC's?
Thank you for any help in any way
News about my discovering of ROC-RK3328-CC, and running LibreELEC on it
1) I have to say sorry for missinformation here
- after first tries I was confused with LED flashing/color combination's (there are differeneces: eMMC vs. SD card vs. different distribution - Android/Linux, and at first I'am wasn't allways connected to HDMI output to check whole boot process. With combination of first reboot of LibreELEC I got little bit confused...)
2) Issues with my WiFi dongle are only on Android build's for my SbC
- any Android are unable to use my WiFi dongle by default
- this problem is not related to LibreELEC at all
- it's about support of RTL8192EU WiFi on Android, on LibreELEC build's my Wi-Fi dongle just work fine
3) my PVR add-on problem on Firefly LibreELEC build
- I can confirm, that this problem was about obsolote Kodi build in Firefly LibreELEC img, in nightly builds, I'am able to install this addon without problem
Things need to be improved for ROC-RK3328-CC for my daily use
1) problem with playback h.265 videos
- there is few mentions about issue, when the picture freeze after start of playing, or after switching video(or PVR channel). I can confirm this behaviour also on on ROC-RK3328-CC (tested on CvH's LibreELEC-RK3328.arm-9.0-devel-20180919223845-3e985ea-roc-cc.img.gz) // audio play normally after switch/start, but picture just freeze in some scene, or it's just black. Sometimes start playing or switching channel just go well...
- PVR addon only give URL with stream to Kodi // then I suppose, that the main problem is in h.265 playback
2) board freeze after going to list of TV channels on PVR addon (switch to black screen and no LED flashing - only hard reset is working in this case) // I'am able to switch to specific channel by Kore/Yatse (remote control app's)
- I use one of official PVR addon for Kodi 18 // pvr.sledovanitv.cz (officaly supported PVR addon from Kodi 18 Alpha 3)
- This can also be problem of addon itself, or problem with nightly build of Kodi (on other HW/kodi builds this addon just work well)
3) problem with correct aspect ratio for vidoes
- my PVR addon has options to use h.264 or h.265 // in h.264 are aspect ratios OK, after switch to h.265 ratios are not OK
- in h.265 my 4:3 videos are stretch to 16:9 aspect ratio but after switchint to h.264 aspect ratio is OK
Can I help in any way, to solve these issues(or other issues) for ROC-RK3328-CC?
1) What test scenarios and logs/outputs I'am able to provide to community to solve these problems?
- I'am able to provide you logs, and other needed things to debug this - I'am only need to known what exactly
2) I'am able to compile add-on or LibreELEC itself
- So I hope, that I can help also with some non-standart test/debug for ROC-RK3328-CC
Thank You in advance!!