Posts by doggyofone

I have an MXIII G with 2GB RAM 8GB ROM, 4K x 2K H.265 Decoding, Amlogic S812 1000M Ethernet HDMI 2.4G 5G WiFi Bluetooth Connectivity. I believe it has the 4335 wifi chipset, but can't be sure based on searches I have tried. I am currently running Wilro's 7.1.c LE rom -

[ROM] Unofficial OpenELEC for MXIII-G & Tronsmart MXIII+ - FreakTab.comThe specs are very similar to the MXIII Plus. Is your rom dated 20170801 the version I should try flashing onto this box?

Well, I gave it a shot and could not get the LE logo to appear. Here is a method I found on this site and used:

1- formated your micro SD carte with SD Formater
    2- copy the 2 files in the SD card (aml_autoscript ans aml_autoscript.zip)
    3- insert the sd card in the box
    4- Go the apps Update/Backup
    5- do the update, your box will reboot in android system
    6- Take the microSD, and now create the LibreElec card with win32 disk image
    7- delete the two file (aml_autoscript ans aml_autoscript.zip) from the card
    8- put the sd card in you box and reboot it
    9- if all is ok you will have the LibreElec logo boot

When I rebooted I received the 120 second notice before an automatic repair was started. Using the toothpick method did not start Libreelec.

So I am stuck here and would appreciate some help. I tried the 20170801 rom that was posted.

MXIII_plus 20170801

I have an MXIII G with 2GB RAM 8GB ROM, 4K x 2K H.265 Decoding, Amlogic S812 1000M Ethernet HDMI 2.4G 5G WiFi Bluetooth Connectivity. I believe it has the 4335 wifi chipset, but can't be sure based on searches I have tried. I am currently running Wilro's 7.1.c LE rom -

[ROM] Unofficial OpenELEC for MXIII-G & Tronsmart MXIII+ - FreakTab.comThe specs are very similar to the MXIII Plus. Is your rom dated 20170801 the version I should try flashing onto this box?

Did a fresh install on a brand new ABOX - S905X, 2g16g with a 16g Lexar 633X SD card. Install via toothpick was flawless - it took about 30 seconds for the boot process into LE to start. The rom so far is running clean with no errors that I have seen. Thanks again kszaq a coffee is on the way.

If you download LibreELEC develop version and unzip file you can see factory_update_param.aml with LibreELEC-S8X2.default.arm-7.0-devel-update.zip 2 files. These files put to SD with formatted FAT32 and then using toothpick method you can install libreelec to nand. This method same as your android firmware update progress, so if your device gone to brick you can unbrick it easily. I don't know how do you understand that I say. Cause I speak English likes Korean cause I'm Korean :)

I would rather get this running on an SD card than NAND. The box has been flashed with balbes150's aml_autoscript and I read a post somewhere on this forum that it seems to work with Demetris's builds. Might be safer than installing to NAND. Thanks for your help.

I'm looking to install this img on a 1g MXIII G. I have a couple questions: I have an older build written by Wilro version 7.0.2 running off an SD card:

[ROM] Unofficial OpenELEC for MXIII-G & Tronsmart MXIII+ - FreakTab.comI'm not sure how to install the current Demetris image. Would the method still be to copy the Demetris img to the .update folder and reboot?

If not, I'm not clear on the method to use - img to SD then toothpick boot?

I would appreciate some help with the install method.

Thanks

Yes I love LibreELEC and admire and respect Kszaq's great work and dedication here. So I have to say that none of us here benifiting from his superb efforts should forget to send him a coffee every now and then too. Every time I have some spare coffee available I send him a cup or two as it is so easy to send as it is almost INSTANT, or at least very EXPRESS(O), so it is never a GRIND ( intended puns - groan!! ).

Thanks for the reminder - coffee sent. Kszaq builds with all the help from others that participate on these forums have made my S905, S905X and S912 boxes work fantastically well. A coffee thank you is well deserved.

Added another test image (Minix\20170607).

The chances of this working, not much, but try this option. It uses the dtb from the new Minix firmware 5.1.

Try all options, perhaps there are different added to the network.

Thanks Balbes150 for this image. I had tried the last May image and this Kazoo Box just never seemed to work properly. I then tried this June image and the box started up properly and seems to be working excellently. WIFI and Ethernet are working well. All other functions I have tried seem to be working as they should.

Thanks for keeping this processor/box up to date with Libreelec.

balbes150, thanks for updating the S812 with Krypton. A question for you, I am running an MXIII-G with Wilro's LE 7.0.1c. His install method included a step where his aml_autoscript was flashed and enabled multi-boot. Dual booting works well with his script.
    This was the original post for his rom - [ROM] Unofficial OpenELEC for MXIII-G & Tronsmart MXIII+ - FreakTab.com
    The question is will I be able to flash your LE rom via the toothpick method using his aml_autoscript, or should I go through the process of flashing your aml_autoscript and aml_autoscript.zip?

Thanks for the link yatoya. How do I apply this to LE/Krypton?

Thought it through and figured it out. Thanks for the file. Seems to have fixed the audio sync.
    [hr]
    [hr]
    [hr]
    With this recent version (H) I noticed that when I shut down My M18 or GT1 that the user sign-in and password for PleXBMC are cleared. I have to enter in the user and password information every time I start PleXBMC. This has not been a problem in the past.
    I'm using Hippojay's PleXBMC V 4.0 beta versus the official addon.
    Something changed and I'm hoping this can be corrected. There may be other addons that require userid and password that are impacted.
    Any suggestions to resolve this?

For everyone who had problems with audio sync in Krypton builds. This advancedsettings works:

Download advancedsettings.xml for Krypton

Thanks for the link yatoya. How do I apply this to LE/Krypton?

kszaq, thanks again for these builds. More coffee money on the way.
    I'm running a Beelink GT1 and a Beelink M18 with 8.0.1c and performance is excellent off an SD card. The only issue I have may or may not be LE related. I am having handshake issues between my receiver - Onkyo TX-NR3008 and Sony TV KDL 65W900B (1080P). This happens after using LE on either Beelink box and switching sources on the receiver to a different source ie. cable box. There is no audio but the picture is working. I can resolve this by pulling the HDMI cable out of the receiver and plugging it back in after a few seconds. The problem started a couple months ago.
    Any ideas on what might be causing this?

kszaq, thanks again for working on this build. I finally got a chance to test the 8.0.1a build yesterday. I had streaming music on most of the day yesterday and it ran flawlessly. I played some files last night with PleXBMC via ethernet from my laptop and they ran perfectly with no random freezes or reboots. i haven't tried streaming a video yet, but everything else is running really well.

I tried booting LE via a USB stick and had no success. I decided to try the SD one last time after trying the USB stick and LE booted. This was on version alpha 3. Once up and running I had no ethernet and KODI was crashing and rebooting quite often. I updated to alpha 4, ethernet is now working. KODI is still crashing, but less often. I was able to run through a 25 minute video without crashing. Alpha 3 would crash numerous times during the same video. So things are looking better. Note that the speed with LE on the GT1 is much improved. My external drive files load up almost immediately.
    Thanks again Kszaq. Another cup of coffee coming soon.