Posts by keesijp60

Oke.

build 10 do work best, can watch movies and install things but I can not see the browser in kodi, I have install that.

Why youtube do ask a pin averytime, very annoying.

Most of the tv apps do not work, some do.

wifi chip sv5662p do not work, I search for solution.

mXq 4k pro box rt3229. The volume did not work on libreelec 11, but the rest did, version 10 do not remember the settings, I have change, like subtitles has to be put on everytime, I did set it right overwriting old settings but nothing happens. Sometimes when movie is done and go to the next, the box crash.

but I am suprised of the speed, and easyness of this software and os, keep on guys.

Hi all

After some tryouts I get this one to work with multitool, LibreELEC-RK322x.arm-10.0-nightly-20230925-65bd849-rk322x

and installed it intern and it boots, the most did not, one image did brick the box. Using the magic clock short did renew it.

but it is not that stable, no wifi (I have a sv6256p chip) but remote works.

The kodi itself do not go higher then 1260 x 720, it plays hevc without issues but

I need to set the resolution higher then 1260, and when i do set up subtitles it does not fremember I have to set these

on over and over again. I have install this on a mxq pro 4k rt3229 sv6256p wifi, but believe this cpu is only 32 bit.

Maybe some can advice me of a box who is best to use, with digital out, that is a must because I building a tube out dac.

Is there alsoa image who is stable for this box? And how can I get into the box for updates like the drivers tdb etc.

I am green behind the ears for linux I have to tell.

regards

Hi All

I have now some test done, like to find the clock pin of a chip who clock is below the chip and not reachable, I found

that the empty space for a normal memory chip did work, and have maskrom back.

I have tryed different libreelec images, but when I put it internal with multitool, it does not boot, or even did brick the box,

that is why i had to find the clock pin. On the arbian forum I had some help, but I need to be here because it is for a movie

box with digital out who drive later the dac i am building with tube outputs.

So have to test and learn.

I have put a log on thread.

The card is working on 64 gig can write to it, I think it is a mistamp, but have a new one

who do give proper gig,s as printed on it.

Update.

the crash I did have was of the next reason. The supply who is with it, are very bad, it contains a chinese chip and it

has no filtering on the in put, this is now allowed in europe. The harddisk box I have for movies, has also such a supply, I get very

much noise on the audio system through usb, I have use a old oc supply and chanage it so I can used it with all mine systems.

I use for movies, inc the present box. Now all is clean, no noise anymore.

So for people who experience crashes or more, the supply can be easely the reason. use a quality version.

regards

Some update.

I have installed libreelec LibreELEC-RK322X.arm-11.0-nightly-20240218-d7324fb-rk322x.img into the box, and it does

start and work, but no wifi (sv5256p) and sound is very load overload the tv, I can set it lower with the mouse (works) but the remote does not work there, I have to say the original software the box came with did also not work on sound volume buttons.

It has to better to install into the box itselfs, now I did use sd.

here some specs.

But when I restart it does complains about a prevent a repair and wait 120 seconds, then it does start.

The wifi do not work and the volume settings do not work, but for the rest does work nicely on box mxq pro 4k RT3229.

sv5662p wifi chip not supported.

temperature chip is much lower then the 140 degree fahrenheid. The picture is some bigger then mine tv and I see some things are not readable. I can not set higher resolution then 1280 x 720 and that is not hd 1080 p.

Hi keesijp60

I don't quite understand, does your box go to maskrom because you deleted the internal memory? or does it go there on its own, a sign that your internal memory is broken?
    Another question, does the multitool tell you that your box has NAND as storage type? Because in that case, you can't install libreelec in the internal memory, but you can only boot it from the SD card. Let me know

No, I did just delete all flash with tool, and it go automatic to maskrom mode, I had then set a system on SD and then it start, I did try with libreelec multitool what do start but hangs then on 17% on license tekst, I presume this multitool have to installed on emmc/nand to work properly. I read nand is more problematic, but putty ssh can help? I want all system on the box itself.s

The box has a Kingston 08EMCP08 chip there, (nand/emmc) and a RT3229 arm with sv6256P wifi. original android is wiped out, but can easily install on sd card and it works, arm linux multi-tool however do not work, it hangs.

Need some software with kody who works on this mxq pro 4k 4g, but seems this do not go higher then 1280 x 720 or so, the other amlogic I have did go much higher.

After some search I do see that the samsung chip KLM8G1WEPD-B031 in the amlogic box is a emmc.

if I do delete all flash with tool it go to maskrom mode. Means it is dead, but it is rockchip so easy to put live back in it.

I do see on pcb that there is free place for a chip, I have the tools for soldering tht and a ball plate to adjust the solder. that place is I maybe for emmc, but i am not shure at all, boxes are mucho unkwown sources..

Am I right?

regards

Hi all

Did see this thread and I have a question about the mxq pro 4k box, I have a rt3229 cpu and a sv6256p wifi chip who is complete different from others, chinese stuff.

I have made a sd with multitool and this do start but stuck on the licence tekst 17 procent and do not go furter.

The box is in maskrom mode. Did this with software. I did use disk genius to copy image into image folder of multitool but did not work, it little, but it boot with it, all the libreelec images I did try did not boot, so what do I need or do wrong.

** marketing removed **

thanks.

Hi All, I can not see where to open a thread, so I put it here for the time being.

I have a box mxq pro 4k, has a rockchip rk3229 but ad says RK3228a with a sv6256p wifi chip. It does start from SD

in maskrom mode, I have wipe out all software from it so I can use linux kodi..

I have search for some kodi stuff, but I can,t find the right stuff, I can boot with multitool from arbian, but it does not with images from here, so I think I have wrong ones or such, by the way the multitool do also not start through, it stuck into the license text.

Can somebody help me out thanks.

kees

Here it came from

I have a older phillips, who has not yet CEC, I did read it on google.

I did try to find the IP it does only if wifi works but it give a error no respons from modem, and something with remote.

I go try the older versions, because the 9.0 is quite unstable. but it looks good.

I have a amlogic S905W.

regards

It does alle, I have all usb working, wifi not tested but it let see the nabure wifi signals and mine own, so wifi work I think.

I habe a usb plugged in, where it boots from works oke, I have a 2 Tb harddrive with movies, works, and a test movie on H265 also works.

the only thing is the remote do not and the alpha version looks a little unstable, tekst in setup system menu's is not visible sometimes so I do see not wifi connections or other setups.

I have to be carefull it do not change or delete the HD because there are a lot of movies present.

It is a nice idea, to scan, because than I get more information about it, thanks for tip.

But first it needs to work, and so I try to connect with ssh and copy things for remote and set program on nand.

If I connect a mouse, a keyboard and a HD, put linux on I have a faster computer as mine own i7 with a lot less heat and poweruse, maybe a good miner for bitcoin.

regards

Hi

Everything goes oke, it starts, plays movies, and sees wifi.

I have the libreelec 9.0 alpha, and do not now it it is suitable for it, maybe things do not work fully.

I did have see that I can disable password and has done that, maybe that is the reason it did not work.

I use the cable from pc to modem, put this in the box for connecting, is this right? through a usb do not work, need network input

cable.

regards

No need to be puzzled, but I am a audio engineer design amps and such, and not software, so I have to learn it for using. But I am go fast, it go the good direction.

I did try to connect to the mxQ pro S905W box, but can not connect through ssh, get a time out, so I need to now do I go there within libre elec 9.0 or through original software? need I to use the usb or the network input.

I think last is needed.

thanks.

Why do you need to know linux?

Perhaps this isn't the best place to discuss Coreelec, but those images have a folder with several device trees you can try.

As for installing on eMMC, I would wait until you are really sure you do not want to go back to Android

IF, you really want to install to eMMC then unless things have changed, you get the box running via usb or microsd, then ssh in, & run the command installtointernal

Need to learn hoe it works, it is quite difference then windows. but I can do it. Yes in the image are the trees, I go try some.

thanks.

Well the libreelec 9.0 do behave strange in the libreELEC system, like connections, about, it just do not let see nothing except sometimes very fast I see some tekst, but most, It is empty and so I can not find the IP adres.

But it is afcourse a test version, but it did play movies quite good. maybe I need to try a other tree with a wifi name in it.

regards

Hi

For me afcourse I have to learn some for linux, and the box. I did read the situation of log in on the box with a usb but I did try wifi and did not work it give a error it do not give a response back from mine modem, I see the other nabure wifi's logged, the original android do work fine on the box with wifi, I did read somewhere that the device tree img needs have the wifi setup on it?, I have use the 281 1 g 8g version who work, the altha version do work very nicely, here I can als setup resolution for mine tv easely, it looks quite as a growing up os for arm boxes.

I can understand the remote controls, there are so much different ones where need the people set it up and post it here.

I go try to get a setup so I can log in on the box with the windows pc and look at it, maybe then I can just copy system on eMMC who is a lot faster.

It looks like the video quality of mine Xtreamer is better then this scheap MXq pro box, but I did see the H265 did output quite nice pictures with low bitrates.

regards