Posts by boudicca99

Using real world files NOT demo files.

It’s great if demo files play, but it means nothing if that’s all that plays.

It can’t be expected that one would remux an entire catalog in order to have it playable.

m2002briguy I apologize that for some reason you are unable to test with demo files. I can appreciate that you do wish to test by converting an entire catalogue to ts content.

Let me state for the record. I have tested mkv mp4 ts at 720p 1080p 2160p 24/30/60 and 2160p HDR 24/30/50/60 and with x264/x265/HEVC on a fresh clean Sandisk 10 microSD loaded with CVH's and MO123's LibreElec 9.0 for Rock64 e.g LibreELEC-RK3328.arm-9.0-devel-20180901131938-4cd857c-rock64.img with the default skin/setting with many full HD files and HDR "sample" files ( not just Industry Demos!) from a Buffalo NAS over 1Gbit ethernet on both NFS and SMB shares.

The only issues I am experiencing are mostly with 60fps files which the Rock64 is struggling with in all 4K flavours.

The TV used is a Philips 43PUS7303 (2018 model) with very ordinary HDMI cables into the HDR supported port of my TV, connected to a standard Rock64 2Gb (with a heatsink covering both memory and RK3328) using the PSU purchased from Pine for the Rock64.

I don't know your configuration but please by all means compare this to mine and we can see if we are all just....missing something as I am not experiencing any issues with the latest build as posted by you above.

I hope this helps. I can understand the frustration, and I am sure we can work! though it :)

edit: actually have found an issue with one, investigating atm.....freezed after 21mins and then repeated freezes at the same point more or less. the file is 52Gbytes so..hmmmm pausing and will try to resume again shortly. Will get back to you.

1. 52Gb 21min35Sec File A.I.W 2018 2160p 24fps HDR Freezes (stopping any file then gets the Timer icon, reboot and the causes a further reboot of Libreelec if I attempt to resume beyond 21.35...and now if I fast forward...it also crashes and jumping chapters... hmmm Big files...possibly I/O related. Its interesting I was having fun with this file also on RockPro...wont play at all.

2. 19Gb File R.P.O 2018 2160 24fps HDR - Plays fine, 46 mins in.

So not a consistent issue...will try some more and get back to you.

RK3328 Rock64 img, cool... HDR fine, same issues as MO123 img. Rock64 24/25/30/50 and the odd 60fps 2160p HDR play well.

For Rock64, Most 2160 60fps HDR or non-HDR lose audio sync / buffer and generally merde.

RK3399 Rockpro64 img. wow first time HDR on the RockPro again 24/25/30 (not 50 had Mont Blanc 4k HDR blanking/buffer possibly occasionally) and ironically the first issue I have had with 24fps HDR but was a Rip...which played fine on the Rock64...

The difference with the RockPro here that more 60fps HDR worked better. Especially LG Chess 4K HDR which buffered before on the Rock64, but not this time...so we are on the right track....still and issue for Sony Swordsmith (audio sync)

But this is the first time I've seen 4K HDR content autodetect on the RockPro64....

NONE of them play without studdereding, freezing, pink/green screen washout.

ALL of them play perfectly fine via Mac, Roku, Android 7.1 RKMC (Rock64 version)

fyi I ironically gave up on RKMC on 7.1 and 8.0 for the same reasons...(although I don't have it loaded but not sure RKMC 7.1 has HDR enabled (maybe an earlier one did was it Ayufan's or Stock?) but I think it plays back without HDR (No HDR popup screen logo etc)....not 100% on that but worth a thought.

All those demos work on the my 7303 (kodi Android TV) / B6 OLED (Built in player) / and Shield TV Android.

What would be useful would be to compare frame rate codec information. O on the Kodi keyboard (sorry...if you know) during playback and also confirming the CEC info on your TV. This will at least allow for a common frame of reference ?

a little more. (edit should say this rock64 2Gb, Philips PUS 7303)

Not Fine - 2160p 50 TravelXP 4K HDR HLG Demo locks up same as PE2 earlier ( I think this CPU related also see 60fps)

Fine - 2160p 50 Sony Mont Blanc HDR 4K demo.mp4 (lower cpu usage)

Fine - 2160p 30 Samsung HDR Picture Quality 4K demo.mp4 (low cpu usage)

Everything 60fps HDR or not struggles or buffers. (But they do play but loose sound sync) very much like Big Buck 60ftps 2160p and appears cpu related with Core 0 taking the brunt but does not appear to be HW decoding at 60fps. (although rkmpp is in use)

In short 24/25/30 and some 50fps are fine, 60fps buffering quite a bit with high cpu core values and HLG not working or merde....

edit: Exception.... 2160p 60 The World in HDR in 4K_HDR10.mkv (Played fine with around 50-70% core 0)

Videos stuffer badly. Most of them are unplayable for me. Lots of screen tearing and pink/green screen washout.

Hopefully this can all be worked out before the platform is left behind for something more modern.Play

Plays Fine at 2160p 24 (Samsung Wonderland Two HDR UHD 4k Demo.ts and LG New Yotk HDR UHD 4K Demo.ts)

Not fine at 2160p 25 (Planet Earth II HEVC 2160p UHD Bluray HDR DTSHD5.1-DDR.mkv) - Freezing

going to get some more samples and test a bit more

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@ all, oh and hi btw nice to meet, lurking on the forums in various guises :) since forever :)