Posts by PanzerKarl

Thank you for your input. 8.90.003 is not running much smoother. The long pauses have stopped on most but not all videos and now I have micro stutters because frame rate adjustment does not seem to work (yet?) in Kodi 18. Video output is always 1080p60 no matter the source frame rate.

I have to admit I'm a total Linux noob and have no idea how to get the logfiles from that device in here. I don't think I want to spent countless hours now on learning how to do this and searching for the source of the problem.

The little spare time I have is too precious to me to waste it on stuff like that.

So I've decided to send this unit back and get the very same 3B I already have. Again, thanks for your suggestion.

Hello,

I'm new to this forum and I'd like some advice as I'm not sure if my device is faulty or I simply do something wrong.

I've been using LibreELEC on a Pi 3B for several weeks now and I'm very happy how KODI performs on that little machine.

Yesterday I installed LibreELEC 8.2.5 from scratch on a Pi 3B+. Installation was as usual without any hick-ups or problems.

However, performance of video playback is abysmal, to say the least.

1080p H.264 videos play for like 3-4 seconds then stop for several seconds, then they continue, stop again, and so on...

So I thought, maybe I did something wrong with the settings in KODI and swapped SD cards between my two Pis.

Again Pi 3B played everthing just fine, Pi 3B+ stutters with almost any video.

Is something wrong with my unit or is the 3B+ not fully supoorted yet?