Posts by apc

Excellent addon and good to see zomboided here.

I would like to see VPN Manager included in the LE distro considering OpenVPN is already included.

Botafuco - nor sure about your specific DNS question, but I suggest you configure your machines and whatever box relays your DNS with the IP of the Google nameservers - 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

Why does it matter? It is the subjective experience that really matters, i.e. playing media streams. I have an NVidia Shield and RPi 2 and there really isn't much difference between them with Kodi, certainly not enough to choose a Shield over a Pi unless you need 4K or H.265 and hopefully the next generation of Pi will bring that.

Where are the films located relative to the RPi? E.g. on a plugged in USB drive or via a samba share on your network? If on your network is it hard wired by ethernet cable or over wifi?

If over wifi that could be your issue in that it is taking longer for the file to stream to Kodi. You could try putting a film on a USB drive, plugging it in and see if that loads instantly. And if you are using wifi you could try rebooting your router.

I know you said you chose the correct file but can you try it via the LibreELEC addon.

If you have a different skin installed revert back to the original before updating.

Thanks, but won't the LE addon just upgrade the files as per the manual update and then attempt to reboot as before? It was after the post upgrade reboot that it froze before..

Just did the upgrade from 7.0.3 to 8 on my RPi 2. The upgrade appeared to proceed fine, it rebooted and then froze on the LibreElec boot screen - Libreelec 8.0 official in top left of screen. Tried another twice and also tried beta 3 - same situation. I used the correct update file.

I re-wrote the SD card with 7.0.3 and restored so back to where I was.

Any suggestions - I would like to update to 8.0?

I notice that backup size is increasing at about 2MB per day with a couple of hours per day usage. Minimal repo's and apps installed and nothing uploaded.

Where should look to clear out space without affecting the install in any way.

Thanks.

no they do not work the same. the LibreELEC backup saves LibreELEC specific things (ssh keys, LibreELEC settings, etc)

Thanks - I will stick with a manual LibreElec backup in that case, on the basis it offers a complete system restore should the need arise.

Would it be possible to include a feature for scheduling backups - weekly, monthly etc?

I was thinking of a situation where a script could be invoked by a cron which in turn runs the backup to the default backup directory.

Thanks.

Hi All

New to LibreElec as always used openelec I am after some advise on an S905 box to run kodi I want to be able to run just LibreELEC and kodi Ie NO android. Must have 2gb RAM

Can anyone advise on what devices I should be looking at please and what devices has an image ready to download and install

Thanks

Mark

If you are not running Android - which I agree is largely superfluous and heavy on resources - why a S905 box and 2GB RAM.

An RPi 3 will run Libreleec flawlessly as a dedicated box with 1GB Ram.

Is it feasible to include mySQL in LibreElec builds for the purposes of sharing db's and speeding up apps that support it.

Yes I know mySQL would be more appropriately located on a NAS if there is one available.

One area where Kodi has been traditionally weak is DSP. I realise that there are steps being taken in Kodi to sort of address that, but I was wondering whether LE will be replicating Kodi on this or whether DSP could be enhanced for LE which would I am sure be welcomed by many users.

This is my first post here and first I would like to thank the LibreELEC team for all your great work on this project and look forward to supporting LibreELEC as ot progresses.

With regards to the question from the OP - I was a long time OE user on an RPi 2 but upon discovering LibreELEC immediately upgraded and have been very impressed withi its performance.

As far as I can tell, right now LibreELEC is functionally equivalent to OE and all that is required is to download the upgrade frpm OE file from this website, upload it to the OpenELEC update folder - in the same was as a previous OE update - and reboot.

It will look the same as OE but will say LibreELEC where it said OE before. In my experience LE seems faster than OE, but this might not be the case.

I suggest you just go ahead and update but heed the advice given here to backup first either using the backup facility or making an image of your SD card to keep on your computer to re-burn if necessary.