Posts by a11an

Would anyone know how to update the tools.ffmpeg-tools? My setup is working well except when I try to transcode it freezes on the client after a few seconds.

I have updated emby to the latest version using the emby-update script (thanks!), but it doesn't update FFmpeg and wondering if I can somehow update that for troubleshooting.

More about my issue on the emby forum here https://emby.media/community/inde…ple-of-seconds/

I have recently updated to LE10 and am really missing the LAMP plugin that has been discontinued. It used to work great, I have a simple page on port 80 that would allow me to point to kodi, emby and tvheadend frontends.

I have tried to use the webserver via kodi using vfs and just can't get it working. I can't see the test.html page I have created. Although this would not be ideal as it would not work with the url http://mediaserver

I understand there may be a way of using docker, but i don't currently use it and it seems a lot of overhead for just one container.

I was just wondering if there was a way to get an updated LAMP plugin for LE10, I'm not great at Linux, but if anyone could point me in the right direction I'll have a go.

Thanks!

it is easily possible that some random problem is created by that, no fix for that

if you don't need the "latest dvb drivers" don't activate them !

Thanks, yes I have disabled them and all is working fine now. :thumbup:

I had enabled them while troubleshooting my DVB card not being recognised on a restart. They do work fine on a cold boot or resume from suspend, so no big deal. If I need to restart, i'll turn it off and on again :)

Wondering it would be ok to bump this old thread?

I have updated to LE10 and there no longer seems to be an option to install a simple web service like LAMP.

I'm just after a feature to host a static page on port 80 that points to the frontends on the box like tvheadend, emby and kodi.

Thanks.

Just updated to 10.0.1 and my tuners are back ... mostly. They work fine from a cold boot or resume from standby, however, if I just reboot the system they are gone? Not a massive issue, as I can shut down and power up again, but would be interested if anyone has an idea why it would do this.

Thanks!

I'm very pleased to report that it looks like updating to 10.0.1 has fixed the issue. I have rebooted half a dozen times now and no sign of the CPU stuck issue. Thank you!!

I also had another issue with my tuners not displaying in TVHeadend, and it seems to have fixed that too!

All that is left for me is to try and get the LAMP add-in working as I used to have a basic webpage on port 80.

Just upgraded to LE10 and then re-installed TVHeadend4.3, all looked good, my DVBSky T982 was detected and was able to watch tv on DVB-T2 & DVB-S2.

But after a reboot, the devices are gone from the TV Adapters. I stopped the service removed the addon_data and started it again, but still, my TV Adapters are empty :( I'm stuck ... please help!!

Would anyone be able to give me some advice on how to get it working again, I assume they should work, as it worked at the beginning.

Details as follows

LibreELEC 10.0.0 (kernel: Linux 5.10.47) Build 19.1.0 Compiled 2021-08-10

GPU: AMD KABINI (DRM 2.5.0, 5.10.47, LLVM 11.0.1)

CPU: AMD A4-5000 APU with Radeon HD Graphics, 798 Mhz

Memory: 8GB

dmesg|paste: http://ix.io/3DPi

Would anyone have any advice? thank you.

I upgraded to LE10 and all seemed fine until a reboot, my AMD A4 x64 PC is locking up on startup with 'BUG: soft lockup - CPU#0 stuck for 22s!' Oddly if I entered the bios and exited with no save it will load up fine.

Details as follows

LibreELEC 10.0.0 (kernel: Linux 5.10.47) Build 19.1.0 Compiled 2021-08-10

GPU: AMD KABINI (DRM 2.5.0, 5.10.47, LLVM 11.0.1)

CPU: AMD A4-5000 APU with Radeon HD Graphics, 798 Mhz

Memory: 8GB

After a bit of googling I discovered a fix for the issue and updated the file /proc/sys/kernel/watchdog_thresh from value 10 to 20, but unfortunately, this did not fix my issue.

Would anyone have any advice? thank you.

the firmware folder is /storage/.config/firmware/

There is a wiki how to do it.

Add Firmware - LibreELEC.wiki

after reboot you should see a different version

Thank you! With your instructions, it's now finding some services using downgraded 4.0.11 firmware.

Although oddly some of the Freeview transponders are not returning anything, so I guess I'll try a few different firmwares, has anyone else got issues with some of the frequencies?

I wonder if someone would be able to offer some advice?

I recently noticed that TVHeadend is not allowing me to scan/watch any channels on DVB-T. DVB-S is still working fine. It's a dual tuner DVBSky T9580 V3. I'm not sure when this stopped working as I had not used it for a while. I am using the LibreELEC 9.2.6 x86_64, I'm using the latest nightly of TVH 4.3, and I have tried 4.2 too.

After a LOT of googling a number of people had had the same issue with the later versions of firmware dvb-demod-si2168-b40-01.fw version B 4.0.25 and I should use version 4.0.4 to 11.

So with this information, I did the following to set an earlier version.

cd /lib/firmware

mv dvb-demod-si2168-b40-01.fw dvb-demod-si2168-b40-01.fw.old

wget dvb-demod-si2168-b40-01.fw

reboot

But after a reboot and typing 'dmesg | grep si2168' is shows that the version 25 firmware is redownloaded.

[ 6.314041] si2168 13-0064: Silicon Labs Si2168-B40 successfully identified

[ 6.314045] si2168 13-0064: firmware version: B 4.0.2

[ 9.888887] si2168 13-0064: downloading firmware from file 'dvb-demod-si2168-b40-01.fw'

[ 14.204480] si2168 13-0064: firmware version: B 4.0.25

[ 14.301389] si2168 13-0064: downloading firmware from file 'dvb-demod-si2168-b40-01.fw'

[ 18.703310] si2168 13-0064: firmware version: B 4.0.25

Can anyone offer some advice on forcing earlier firmware versions from 4.0.4 to 4.0.11 and NOT 25?

Thanks.

I had the same issue today (not used in a while). Had to ssh and type 'emby4.start' to get it to run.

Before that I uninstalling and re-installed, but issue continues. Annoyingly I now need to setup emby again!

Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks.

EDIT: After about 10 mins emby shut down, so am having to play moves outside of emby for now.