Posts by hieppo

chewitt

Just tested 10.85 from you testing repo. Hardware decoding is working like back at 10.0.1. I think the dtb may be better now than before. The HDMI actually works cleanly on my Acer monitor, previous version would have artifacts on the screen. But unfortunately, it still does not detect the built in wifi. BTW, this box does not have BT. I did not notice some issue starting to play some file but after several attempts to start playing it did finally played it. It is kind of odd that it will not start right away. This is preliminary finding, I will report later if I see more as I use it more regularly.

p212 s905x dmesg

I will flash it to my S912 box and see if there are any initial issue.

BTW, was it intentional for the boot logo to be already on Kodi Nexus? I am assuming the Kodi is Matrix version?

chewitt, I am trying to get wifi to work on this edal box with s905x, 1gb ram, 2.4GHz only and 100 LAN. I tried all the GXL s905x dtb files, all but the hwacom would boot and I can use the 100 LAN.

It is not a big deal but would be good to get the correct dtb file for wifi to work too.

It has been a long time since I used LE when I switched over to CE. I been using this CE gxl_p212_1g.dtb with success.

Is the wifi issue due to the dtb or is the box firmware has disabled it?

Thanks

Decide to blow the dust off my KM8 Pro labelled Amlogic S912 box and do some light testing of Kodi 19.x LE. Anyway, got lucky with the 1st dtb file, meson-gxm-khadas-vim2 (alphabetically order) for GXM and booted right up with 1000 LAN and both 2.4/5GHz working.

Before playing I was trying to see if this version would be able to see mysql database. I currently have both Leia and Matrix DB ready to read. However, nightly does not do much.

Then just tried to add my NFS drive and play some files:

- 4K x265 8bit : not play

-1080 x265 8bit : not play

-1080 x264 : not play as well

I gave up after that.

You need debug log? Where should I be loading it

NicoLE

The 9.x image S82 will work on MX-III 2GB version.

There is no 9.x build available for the MXIII 1GB version

This is disappointing. Just when I was able to get some use out of my old S802 1G version. It was a mess playing around with so many img and tar.

This box i think is a lock bootloader and I could not play with booting off SD/USB. Would have made it easier to trial and error. I have to flash the original OpenELEC update into eMMC then proceed with upgrading the tar file.

Like NicoLE, I too can only use version 8.2.3 but problems loading kernel (takes a long time to boot) while 8.0.2b is the newest version without boot issue. That is the latest version available for the 1G version.

I hope someone compile version 9.x for the 1GB. Is Kodi that RAM hungry that it can not be used with 1GB? We can always turn off all the niceties if required.

Now only if someone able to provide with a flash update to turn my box to run Armbian. I will be laughing all the way to the bank.