Posts by RetroBorg

If there is no WiFi network you can run an Ethernet cable between the two devices and assign them different static IPs in the same subnet, then configure two sources on each device; one for the local USB drive and one for the remote (SMB) share on the other device. If there's an objection to using cables due to different rooms etc. you really need to add a WiFi router (no need for internet, but you need a networking method to connect the devices).

Thanks chewitt.

Hi guys,

I have set up for my friend a couple of Raspberry Pi's running Libreelec. One in his bedroom and one in his lounge.

Each Pi has a hard drive connected with the same TV Shows and Movies.

I thought if I plugged both hard drives in to one Raspberry Pi and had Movies on one drive and TV Shows on the other and stream to the other Raspberry Pi, I could add a lot more media on to the drives rather than the current double up of everything.

My friend doesn't have the internet at his house so he doesn't have a router or a modem for a WIFI network.

Is it possible that the Raspberry Pi's can talk to each other without a router or a modem?

Thanks.