Posts by Tidav7578

Did a fresh installation.
    The buffer trouble with hevc is still there and the solution works:
    echo 16 > /sys/module/amvdec_h265/parameters/dynamic_buf_num_margin

In audio setting, I had to lower the thresold from 2 to 0 or I had some audio troubles with some files.

Tvh client feels faster

There's fewer info on files when using 'o' or info. Feels like every major kodi update strips more and more info on those screens. I do not like that trend as you have less data for debugging or distro comparison.

I do not like the overall look/feel/ergonomy. But I can't complain too much as this is an early version.

Installed the first(non-fix) version onto SD card with my brand new Beelink Mini MXIII.

Problem appeared during testing external USB audio DAC (based on Amanero Combo384 chipset) for music playback.
    After selecting USB DAC device for audio output in both ALSA driver modes (Analog or SPDIF) the sound is heavily distorted with strange noises.
    Changing different output frequencies or resampling modes didn't help.

Except the audio issue all is working fine. If someone can advice how to fix it I'd be very grateful.
    Many thanks to all developers involved.

I have similar problems with usb audio. Sound crackles or is a bit distorted. Happens when amcodec acceleration is used. Even with the fixed version.

My box is the minim8s, S905, 2Gbit ram and 100mbit ethernet.
    I think Kszaq wrote amlogic usb drivers aren't very good. But since the problems appear when using hardware video decoding, it might be something else.

Just installed latest test build: 20160915
    Feels like audio is better handled when using amcodec.
    It's not perfect yet, I can hear some distorsions using usbaudio.
    But it seems it's better now.
    I need some time to test things further. I guess I'll have a better view on this at the end of the weekend.

Not yet, the updated kernel has some serious issues with audio stuttering that I need to look into. I may not have time for this in upcoming days, busy with work and life overall.

It's great to know who and what thank you for telling us.
    Do you think amlogic is already working on it, or it's not their problem and someone else has to deal with it ?

Update done on my minim8s by putting the img file in the update folder.

I still have the usbaudio problem when activating hw decoding
    I also note that the 23.976 Hz videos are played at 23.810 with hw decoding instead of 23.976 without hw decoding.

Do you think usbaudio will be updated in 007 ?
    It seems there are some sync problems and the sound gets a little distorted, particularly on voices. Gives a metallic or stlightly robotic tone, or abrupt cuts here and there.
    Happens mainly on 44.1kHz audio, not on 48kHz.
    Happens with built in dsp activated or not.
    When activated, dsp reports between 40 to 50% processing power for audio with 44.1kHz audio and only 3% with 48kHz. That's regardless of any set of audio/video setting... Meaning, no matter what I do, that processing power doesn't vary much. Regardless of audio conversion quality settings, video refresh rate, max audio rate or type (fixed, optimized etc)

Weeks ago, I was reporting it happened with analogic audio too, but I was wrong, it only happens with usbaudio.

I'm sorry I do not know what to do to get logs or better pointers to track the problem.

Device is minim8s
    Audio device is bose companion 5

Ps: thanks for all the work provided ;)

Follow-up on my audio problems with version 5 on a minim8s:
    I booted my old HTPC with OE 5.x
    No audio problems.
    The difference: Frame Rate.

I watch mainly anime. And for some reason, kodi always detects 23.810 FPS at the very beginning of the file. Then is the difference between OE on my HTPC and LE on the minim8s:
    After 2 seconds (or more), OE refreshes the FR back to the correct 23.976, LE doesn't refresh and remains at 23.810, even with "Always" option selected for source frame rate sync.

Since audio and video have to be in sync, it might be the problem.

Also, I do not think it's possible to change source FR when playing a file (or any other debug function?)

To further my point, some files do play at the intended 23.976 FPS and have no audio troubles...

Thanks

Hi everyone.
    I installed Kszaq's LE image for S905 boxes on a cheap minim8s box and I'm quite pleased with the result.
    With the original android firmware, I would not get usb audio on my bose companion 5.
    Now I have audio, even if with some problem: at times the sound is distorted/crackles, mainly on diaglogues.

But that image solved the constant buffering issues I was getting in tvh while watching TV stream from one of my nases (synology). And I knew the problem was coming from the box, because other devices at home had no trouble playing the streams from the same server.

I installed latest version as of yet, ie 7.0.2.005

I wonder what I can do to trace my audio problem and solve it.
    Maybe it'll work in a next release, but maybe it'll work with some tweaks.
    I tried many combinations of sound/video settings in Kodi, but never pinpointed the problem and/or find a set of settings that work.

The distortion/crackles are not usb related as it also happens when I connect the bose in analog (box->hdmi->TV->analog out), so it has to do with LE sound handling I guess.