Posts by Tanzer26

[hr]

Ok, thanks. I think I'm going to reset LE and try to configure it once again without installing anything.

Does it display 1080 OK with android? Maybe it's your display. I'm using a 50" that handles 1080p from multiple sources. If you loaded the .005 version, perhaps try the .004, that's what I'm running.
    I've been unable to get any browser to install, and no Netflix. That disappoints, as without that, it won't replace my HTPC. I'm trying to reduce my electric usage and the MXQ draws a lot less than a full blown PC. Might have to consider one of the new ultra mini PCs.

just got the mini mxiii and having trouble with the toothpick method, anyone have any ideas? I'm not ready to flash on the NAND on this box and adb does not work since it isnt rooted.

EDIT: Went to backup&update and used a random kodi addon zip then proceeded to update the box and bam LE booted from SD. The kodi addons zip where on the NAND after lauching kodi within Android. I think the reset button is broken on this box as well.

Also the box has s905 revision C processor. Power, reboot, sleep all fully functional via remote on 004.

I had trouble with the reset and found my MXQ needs to be unplugged for a few minutes for it to work.
    [hr]

Could you please tell me what your settings are? I have same device so it would great to have some reference.
    Can you play 1080p videos without any issues with picture? Did you set your GUI resolution to 1080p? Because I'm getting artifacts like this when playing 1080p content or trying to set GUI to this resolution.

Didn't touch any video settings. Display detected as 1080. Haven't nmotefd any artifacts. Disabled RSS. Audio set to analog in output, Dolby and DTS capable receiver, then pass through enabled. Sound feeds to my Sony home theatre and I'm getting 5.1 sound.
    Had a bit of trouble getting some of my fav addons to install (or even finding them), so last night I used Backup to restore the file from my HTPC. Haven't had time for testing since, but it appears to have done so successfully. At first glance is appears exactly like my HTPC.

Just booted this on my MXQ Pro Quick play (v004) and WOW. Had issues with Kodi locking it up and having to pull power. Mostly stable if I used SPMC and disabled all acceleration, but video suffered.
    Anyway, took a couple of goes with audio settings to get sound correct. But hooked to my Sony Home Theatre with passthrough, I have 5.1sound, so far no lock up and picture quality is excellent.
    I've also loaded my preferred Transparency skin. A few more favourite add-ons to install, but colour me impressed. Thanks to Kszaq, this box finally working as expected.