Posts by Phil67ago

After some digging...

Everything at OS level works as expected. Adding following restarts Kodi when Yamaha V6A is turned on and off.

Code
    /storage/.config/udev.rules.d/75-hdmi-hotplug.rules:
    SUBSYSTEM=="drm", ACTION=="change", DEVPATH=="/devices/platform/gpu/drm/card[0-9]", RUN+="/storage/.config/hotplug-monitor"

/storage/.config/hotplug-monitor:
    #!/usr/bin/bash
    STATUS=$(cat /sys/devices/platform/gpu/drm/card0/card0-HDMI-A-1/status)
    [[ "${STATUS}" == "connected" ]] && systemctl --no-block restart kodi

Not the nicest solution but it works!

Just for clearance, this issue has nothing to do with Kodi "Audio settings/Allow passthrough"

Hi,

I have following: RPi4* -> Yamaha V6A -> LG OLED65E.

Start up RPi4 and TV, gets 2.0 sound, which is correct. Yamaha V6A is off and HDMI pass-through is active. Now when I turn on the V6A I still get 2.0. I would like 5.1!

cat /proc/asound/card0/pcm0p/sub0/hw_params indicates 2.0, systemctl restart kodi still only 2.0, dmesg nothing indicates V6A has started…

After a reboot it becomes 5.1, seems like everything detected during startup is what applies.

Can I get a transition between 2.0 and 5.1 when the V6A is turned on and off?

* LibreELEC (community): devel-20231112094654-0e333d7 11.0.4, Kodi (20.2 (20.2.0) Git:20.2-Nexus)

I got events even using old format in '/storage/.config/rc_keymaps/nec_yamaha_remote'.

ir-keytable -t

Figured out a way to partly get my remote as my old LE9 setup by masking (stopping) eventlircd.

'systemctl mask eventlircd'

But the problem is, I need following after reboot:

udevadm trigger -v /sys/devices/pnp0/00:02/rc/rc0/input10/event10

systemctl restart kodi

Some kind of timing thing..

/usr/lib/udev/rules.d/70-infrared.rules run ir-keytable -a ... could be too late related to kodi.service but I don't know.

For who ever read this with same issue....

Seems that eventlircd grabbed kernel events (IR keys) from '/devices/pnp0/00:02/rc/rc0/input10/event10' and transfer stuff to a socket in Kodi.

Kodi then separated it as remote keys and that's why the need of chaining to <remote>.

Now without eventlircd my IR keys are the same as a keyboard keys, except above problem.

After upgrade from LE9 to LE11 I run in to following problem.

In LE9 keyboard and remote shared the same actions but in LE11 only keyboard is working.

If I edit keymappings.xml and change <keyboard> to <remote> then the remote start to work for some parts.

The other thing that happens when changing from <keyboard> to <remote> is that I get a lot of errors on keys that are no longer valid as (like <a> to <z>)

So the question is can I get back and use only <keyboard> as in LE9 and

get the events from the remote to act as normal key codes.

My setup is:

Mapped keyboard keys in '/storage/.config/rc_keymaps/nec_yamaha_remote':

And action in '/storage/.kodi/userdata/keymaps/keymappings.xml

keymappings.xml.txt

nec_yamaha_remote.txt

Make Error:139

(segment fault)

It is in http://LibreELEC.tv/packages/sysutils/busybox/package.mk:180

ROOT_PWD="`$TOOLCHAIN/bin/cryptpw -m sha512 $ROOT_PASSWORD`"

cryptpw needs glibc and use dist's glibc.

Better link static:

diff --git a/packages/sysutils/busybox/package.mk b/packages/sysutils/busybox/package.mk

index 63d519ed9..1abfb8b7e 100644

--- a/packages/sysutils/busybox/package.mk

+++ b/packages/sysutils/busybox/package.mk

@@ -76,6 +76,8 @@ configure_host() {

# set install dir

sed -i -e "s|^CONFIG_PREFIX=.*$|CONFIG_PREFIX=\"$PKG_BUILD/.install_host\"|" .config

+ LDFLAGS="$LDFLAGS -static"

+

make oldconfig

}