Posts by geek0001

kostaman I just read your post in your other thread regarding the command you just posted. Is there anyway to enable console access on Libreelec? I can't ssh to the box right now because wifi is not enabled on the box right now and the box does not have ethernet.

It seems some people have had success with Libreelec 9 Alpha builds with the X96 mini which seems to have the same wifi chip as my box(based on research on freaktab.com) on page 14 of this thread. I tried the download link on the Libreelec 9 thread and it appears to be down. Does anyone know if there is a mirror somewhere else? http://libreelec.adamg.co.uk/releases/

Thanks chewitt for contacting support.

kostaman Thanks for the tip. I might have to go down the usb wifi adapter path if nothing else works. The wifi reception is pretty bad on my box anyway. What does the code that you posted do?

kostaman Thanks for the quick reply. Yes. I did try that dtb. It works but still no wifi. Do you know if the wifi is missing is due to the dtb.img file or the Libreelec version?

I opened up my box to see what the wifi chip it is using. I looks to me like it is using a sv6051p chip.

Finally, does anyone know why the dtb.img extracted from the Android partition would not work? Am I doing the wrong thing?

Hi all,

First post. I have just extracted my dtb.img from my new Android TV box and it is not working when I put it on my USB Drive with Libreelec image on it. It just freezes on the android tv box splash screen(not the Libreelec splash). I have tried all the S905X device trees, they work, but I have no wifi on the box. I need some help as to the way forward. Otherwise I just have the stick with the Android Kodi fork that came with the box. :(

I used this command to extract the file: dd if=/dev/dtb | gzip > /sdcard/download/dtb.img.gz. Please find the file attached. BTW, I am using Libreelec 8.2.

Background: I have been using Libreelec on my Android TV Box for a while now and really like it(Tanix TX3 Pro). I have just bought another Android TV box, a Mecool M8S Plus W 1GB/8GB. This is the box that I am having trouble with now. I didn't realise at the time when I bought it that this box does not have a sdcard slot nor ethernet, otherwise I probably would not have bought it.

Please help. Thanks.