Posts by huck

Some measurements of smooth playing 1080p 24fps with atmos video (6 underground) from netflix.

Nice to hear. I haven't run the addon since it forced to sd res. So I will give it a try. I always thought most a53 socs could do 1080p in netflix addon as long as it was under 30hz in libreelec or coreelec. I think there were even posts in the rkchip on some hitting 1080p24p too. But not 1080p60hz. That was too much for older quad socs to get a true 1080p netflix rating support. I know that even my s905x3 tv box with an a55 soc wasn't enough when I last run the addon. It couldn't watch without stutter any 1080p60hz in netflix like tiger king for example. But 1080p 24p flicks ran just fine tho. In comparison My rpi4 a72soc could chew thru 1080p60hz just fine no hiccups.

Starting from scratch and mostly concerned with libreelec? I would look at the rockpi4 since there is an available dtb for libreelec and it uses PD for power and has rpi form factor.

However I chose the "nanopi m4" since there never was a rockpi 4 at the time. It too is Rpi form factor. It offers a very nice big heatsink. Which works even better if you use a copper shim vs the native thermal pad. It has milled screw holes everywhere for it to easily be mounted inside just about anything. But it uses non PD usb-c for power. So a little lacking if overclocking. It can be challenging most recommend a very short usb-c cable to combat 5v droop.

But the clencher at the time for me? They previewed a upcoming "sata hat" which just now became available. Small, convenient, fairly cheap "sata hat" which also swaps power over usb-c to now a shared barrel 12v. While adding 4x sata ports with 4 pin molex power for upto 4 x 3.5 inch drives. That was the clencher for me. Now its just a waiting game for shipping.

If in doubt and you have one. Try Testing other rk3399 builds in the mean time.

I use a sapphire rk3399 build on a nanopi m4 who doesn't offer a dtb for libreelec. I just don't get ac wifi with it. But don't need it anyway. Bought it for their 4x sata hat they say they are releasing. If and when that happens it will probably be a dedicated omv nas with emby. But originally wanted it for retro console

I do use it to share up dual bay usb 3.0 nas with libreelec and it can hit writes and reads in +70/100 Mb/s. But randomly it drops mounts. Exact same scenario occurs with my Libreelec rock64 too. But under omv their both pretty stable with the usb mounts.

I kinda like the soc excellent picture quality. Love the idea of having both run dual duties with libreelec at separate tv's to share nas loads, mirror backups and cut power consumption from a pc based nas.

saw similar scenario on an older 720p lg with latest kodi android rk3328/oreo and as well on amlogic s905x libreelec 8.2.5 with same cable and tv. Blinks to black display then back on. But works fine on rpi with same hdmi cable and tv with 8.2.5.

Never tested with new cable yet.

Can't say if its the firmware but saw a similar issue on an old rpi 2. Got burning hot and would freeze after an update. The problem was due to a poorly designed nes retro case that underpowered it too long. Eventually burnt out the fuse permanently and killed it. Now it only boots up for a few seconds. Just so happen to all occur after an update. But it was the case's fault. Probably would have happened on any new reboot. Bad timing for me. I never noticed a power issue til it was too late.