Posts by ansey

Hi, a quick note to share my experience, just in case it may be useful for others. Starting the Raspberry after connecting this USB sound adapter (which was easier to order than the above mentioned one) it directly appeared in the sound options in the system settings, and there is in deed a clear quality gain. A cheap plug & play solution for getting a great sound when connecting to a HIFI amplifier. And the Audio Profiles Add-on makes it very easy to switch the sound between TV and HIFI system. So thanks again!

Thanks a lot to both of you; the Audio Profiles add-on works perfectly for me! Thank you also for the additional recommendation to improve the audio quality, VLouis, which was also mentioned in the thread shared by Da Flex. Not being a pro, I suppose the best solution for me is the USB Audio Adapter. Do you know if it will just appear among the audio output devices which can be selected in the system settings, or if some additional changes have to be carried out in config.txt or elsewhere?

Thanks for your answer. This was the first thing I did, and I have no problem to select the 3.5mm audio jack. What I was asking for is a way to set the audio output to both HDMI and the 3.5mm jack simultaneously, which was one of the options until LE9, so that I do not have to change constantly the audio output in the system settings, depending if I want to listen to music via the hifi-system, or to watch movies using the TV speakers.

Hello,

I recently moved from LE9 to 11 on my Raspberry pi 3 and realised that unfortunately it is not possible any more to set the audio output to both HDMI and the 3.5mm jack (which I have connected to my HIFI amplifier). Do you know if there is any solution or workaround for this or plans to enable this option again? I use Kodi for listening to music via the hifi-system as well as watching movies using the TV speakers, and constantly changing the audio output in the system settings would be a bit cumbersome.

Best regards and thank you, Ansgar

Thanks for your replies.

I asked because there were TrueCrypt-Addons in the past, but after reading your comment regarding the issue in another recent thread, @chewitt, of cause I fully understand the reasons.

Thanks also for your help, @sky42. By now I arranged things to work without encryption, but I'll stay attentive to any news from you or from other community members! :)

Best regards.