Posts by omicron

wrxtasy Thank you for your answer.

I have another question for the forum

In brief: I had a S905W box substantially working but with a problem: both in Android using MX Player and in LE using Kodi, on panning, the objects in the image seems to stop and go quickly. Is what it's called "microstuttering"? What's the cause of this flaw? Which box should I buy or what should I do to avoid that?

About the use of the box: I will play local H265 1080p files on a usb stick with external srt subtitles. No Anime. Practically I have the same needings of this guy plus the green/pink problem because I have a 2009 Sony tv set:

Recommend a "basic" media player for x265 Media? - Media players - Home theatre

Display Spoiler

I do not care about 4K

I do not care about fancy databaseing stuff (like Kodi dose)

I do not care about built in web browsers or other apps

I do not care about games

I do not care about streaming services.

I do not even care about internet access.

All I want is a media player, that....

• I can plug a USB drive into

• Can play the standard media files

• Can play x265 (HEVC)

• Has a simple file menu I can use to select the file to play

• Has a remote.

Preferably but not a deal breaker also...

• Has 2 USB slots

Can manage both external srt subtitles and internal ones in mkv containers

If you want to know all the story:

Display Spoiler

My 2009 Sony tv set model KDL37S5600 have only the RGB space color. When it's connected by HDMI with an Amlogic SoC - that output a YCbCr signal as default option - every now and then happens the "green/pink screen" problem.

I bought an S905W box (Maxesla MS II with Android os).The box had the RGB 8 bit output option in Screen Resolution settings, and

it worked, solving the problem. Unfortunatly there were other problems.

In spite the 64bit hardware, I could install only 32bit app and they didn't work well.

For example Kodi didn't work properly: while watching videos, every time I tried to go back 10 sec. pushing left arrow on the remote, the screen went black for some seconds and the writings "HDMI 1080" showed on the screen, like the refresh rate was changing.

VLC did the same thing and sometimes crashed. I could only have MX Player working.

So I tried to install LE, and it worked well but I didn't know how to force RGB output. I find a post about it only after I've already returned the box.