Posts by viulian

Hello and thank you for the reply,

I'm not using any IR / RT remote (that's why I deactivated lirc and I also expected eventlircd to be disabled).
    The remote of the TV works via HDMI CEC (Pulse CEC adapter) even with lirc / eventlirc disabled so in my case no need to also keep eventlircd enabled if lirc is disabled.

Hello,

I'm running LE 8.2.5 on a Raspberry Pi 3b+ and I am trying to get LE (kodi process) to use as little resources as possible. Started with stock installation where I configured nothing, except disabled Wifi + enabled SSH. The Pi is wired to the network. Lirc is also disabled in the settings.

While strace-ing the kodi process, noticed many lines like these - and they repeat very often:

read(18, 0x7ebbc5a8, 4112) = -1 EAGAIN (Resource temporarily unavailable)

read(17, 0x27dcb18, 4096) = -1 EAGAIN (Resource temporarily unavailable)

I've put a breakpoint for the read syscall (as well as in nanosleep syscall) and managed to track some of these down to Lirc component - it is like Kodi is checking for Lirc events even if Lirc is disabled in the settings.

By stopping eventlircd service, these very often reads have disappeared from strace output ...

As I understand, eventlircd is used in conjunction with lirc. But the service starts even if lirc is disabled, and the command line attributes "--lircdev /run/lirc/lircd" are sent to Kodi upon boot. Maybe I'm missing something why it needs to start if Lirc is disabled - as HDMI CEC works, so far it looks like a bug to me ..

Meanwhile, I'll just stop it in the startup scripts /shrug

Thank you,