Posts by acubed

I should've mentioned that I did try larger sleep values after 15 didn't work. I also tried nohup after your suggestion but it didn't seem to change anything. It also didn't create a nohup.out file when I booted although it did create one when I ran autostart.sh from the command line, so I feel like autostart.sh isn't running when I boot at all.

Thanks again for your help. I'm new at this and I feel like I must be making some really silly mistake.

Hello. I'm new to linux. I have libreelec on a raspberry pi 3 and I just love it. I have java and jdownloader installed for jdownloader to run headlessly and they work fine but I would like jdownloader to be running when libreelec boots up.

I created /storage/.config/autostart.sh

I made it exectutable and used

dos2unix /storage/.config/autostart.sh to make sure it was the right kind of file.

The contents of autostart.sh are

#! /bin/sh

(

java -jar /storage/jd/JDownloader.jar

) &

If I run autostart.sh from the command line jdownloader starts and runs just fine, but when I boot the pi jdownloader isn't running.

I looked but I couldn't fine a thread about this. I hope that it's something simple and any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.