Posts by TheWojtek

If I download the current nightly will it be equivalent to the released version?

A nightly is a nightly, a release is a release. Just install the release version and you're gonna be good.

Do i have to download the new release by myself or will the update happen at the next boot?

If your box already knows there has been a release. You may try to trigger a check by setting it to manual and back to automatic again or just put the release tar.gz file to "updates" folder on the box and reboot it.

1. Enter some value into "Wait for network before Kodi starts" in preferences. In my setup 4 seconds is enough.

2. Start with checking your network speed by issuing the following in ssh session to the Odroid:

Code
    SmarTV:~ # ethtool eth0 | grep Speed
        Speed: 1000Mb/s

As you see in my example I am on gigabit ethernet speed (I also can not report any issues with network speed). I actually am watching Planet Earth 2 in 4K as we speak.

Please check if your other devices have similar problems with the content, perheps it's a server-side issue. BTW the network capacity needed for the 4K content as measured by iftop is around 35-38 Mb/s so even a 100mbit network should cope with that...

Code
                             19.1Mb                    38.1Mb                   57.2Mb                    76.3Mb              95.4Mb
    └────────────────────────┴─────────────────────────┴────────────────────────┴─────────────────────────┴─────────────────────────
    192.168.0.2                                       => 192.168.0.3                                        485Kb   609Kb   461Kb
                                                       <=                                                    24.2Mb  31.4Mb  23.3Mb

First run - didn't upgrade MySQL database, started with empty DB (no content). Sources are visible and I can play back a file from NAS.

Second and subsequent runs: hangs on KODI splash screen, last entry in logs is:

Odroid C2. The MyVideos116 database obviously exists on my MySQL server. MySQL Workbench shows no connection attempts by Kodi to the database server.

UPDATE & SOLUTION:

I realized Movies116 is the current version of the database. It was looking suspicious on the MySQL server (not all tables were there compared to the previous Movies113). Apparently the upgrade on the first restart didn't work properly.

So I simply dropped the (new) Movies116 database, asked Libreelec to systemctl restart kodi.service and this time the database upgrade went smoothly and I am back with all my content.

Also it might be of use for all Odroid C2 users to make an addendum in release notes in regards to the Linux kernel (Odroid C2 LE is still running 3.14.29 as it was earlier announced by the team).

It is a normal hard drive behavior. "Safely remove" in Windows means unmounting the filesystem and cutting power to it. LE unmounts and asks the disk to gracefully shut down when it powers down. Actually your Windows activities may lead to a marginally bigger risk of data corruption, because there is no explicit "park" command issued.

Nevertheless, with the failure rates of contemporary hard drives that's something not worth bothering at all.

So, I've found an old Harmony 525 remote I bought years ago. My Odroid C2 supposedly has an IR receiver built in. My Kodi (current Leia RC4) doesn't show any IR options at all, including LIRC support (deprecated anyway, AFAIK). I updated the remote using a "Kodi" profile from Logitech, but quite obviously this didn't do any difference and there is no reaction for keypresses... So does anyone know how do I make this all work together? All directions/links/ideas appreciated (I am on a sick leave and have two days to spare).

Do you know if there is out there a step by step setup of http(s) on Windows 10?

Sure. I would just install MAMP (Downloads - MAMP & MAMP PRO) and go from there. It's very easy to set up (I assume it has the same UI as the Mac OS version of MAMP).
    However I have no idea how would KODI/LE react for a source that has a self-signed certificate. Sadly you can not have a reliable SSL certificate for a dyndns server, or at least I was not able to read enough to accomplish just that.

My NFS shares mount by themselves - they are set as sources in LE and it just works. Here's how my /storage/.kodi/userdata/sources.xml looks like:

I am using the IP instead of the DNS name of the internal file server for database compatibility reasons (12 years worth of videos there and I don't want to mess with the DB by changing the IP to DNS name and having to reindex everything). This shouldn't be a problem, though.

Hmmm. While I did the

Code
    echo "echo 5 > /sys/class/mpgpu/cur_freq" >> /storage/.config/autostart.sh

This command shows me "500", even though I'm playing a 4K file right now... It's not right, is it?

Ok, did it again as

Code
    echo 5 > /sys/class/mpgpu/cur_freq;

And it shows "792" properly. Probably my bad.