Posts by Kupo91

I've added this patch add Gasia Co. Ltd PS(R) Gamepad (#244) · gabomdq/SDL_GameControllerDB@8cee39f · GitHub to SDL2 so basically your controller should be supoorted by all SDL2 based emulators in my next builds. But forget about PCSX2 because it comes prebuild and as long as mainline SDL2 does not support your controller it won't work.

Gosh thank you so much for this. Yesterday I spent hours for creating that damn map file with Knoppix and just failed. It was so frustrating.

In PCSX2 my controller works. Its only about PPSSPP.

About the rest... well read the FAQ /shrug I don't see what I can or shall explain since it should be obvious that a low-end NUC is faster than any ARM device but is way too slow to proper play advanced emulated 3D games in 1080p :/ Also ARM builds come with PCSX_reARMed which has no 3D acceleration at all so I don't see how Beetle-PSX HW could look worse.

Do you mean PS1 games by saying advanced emulated 3D games? I know that PCSX_Rearmed has lower requirements than beetle hw but since PCSX_Rearmed hat this stupid restart bug that makes it impossible to play my multidisk games I really hoped being able to use beetle with this new setup. However I atleast need internal resolution x4 or x8 in beetle to contest with graphics from PCSX_Rearmed. I'll ask reddit if someone has an idea why it is so slow.

I linked the PCSX2 website which clearly states:

So if it runs slow your system is not fast enough. /shrug

Ye I already read that. However I have no clue about cpus or hardware in general. I couldnt distinguish a toaster from a nasa pc.

So the settings in pcsx2 in your build are already the lowest possible? I thought ps2 graphics are comparable with dolphins and dolphin runs fluent. I also looked for minimal settings but often they use other plugins or change options that are grayed out in my settings. Whatever I will try to find a solution.

Im running an Intel NUC7CJYH with LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-9.0-RR-201902-22cb18c

And yes you are right resolution in kodi was 4k. After setting back its better but still bad.

I tested Flatout 2 on pcsx2 and the sound in main menu was slow. When I started a race it was unplayable.

The cores in RA run fluent. However PS1 graphics in beetle hw look so incredible bad on default settings. Even on my S905X box they looked better.

7z3m2wfy.png

If I try to increase internal resolution in the core options I get slow/choppy sound again and video gets slower too.

And the only way to play on RA cores is to start them via ES because then resolution is always 1080p. If I dont use ES and just start RA either resolution is 2160p or its 1080p and crashes by starting a game.

I dont know Im too noob to manage this. I put a logfile at the end of my post maybe you can find something? Or do you maybe have a comparable hardware and could send me your config file? :D

So this is my controller CSL – USB Wireless Gamepad für PC inkl.: Amazon.de: Computer & Zubehör

And in RA, ES etc. its displayed as Gasia Co.,Ltd PS(R) Gamepad. I tried to map it and downloaded SDL GamepadTool on my main pc. When I opened it it told me that mapping is available (SpeedLink Strike FX). However this is windows. So if I understand it right I have to use this tool under linux? That will be hard since I dont own a pc running linux. Could this maybe work when I boot my windows pc with knoppix?

..Ah ye I remember to read in your FAQ that I need PulseAudio for ES. However I dont have any trailers so I actually dont need sound in ES. I just wondered if that could be a reason for choppy sound in emulators. But obviously its not. So not sure is it a good move to switch to PulseAudio though?

And by the way everytime I launch a PS2 game via emulationstation I got this pcsx2 notification which I have to click away:

hcai843i.jpg

Google says that means that the image is already in use or something linke that. But that doesnt make sense to me.

Anyway here is the log file and description what I did:

https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/qxfxds5nxn/

First I started beetle psx hw via emulationstation. Internal resolution x1 (native)

Then I changed resolution to x2 and restarted the core. (Sound gets slow and some black lines in the middle of the screen)

Then I closed emulationstation and started retroarch with 1080p resolution. When I started a psx game retroarch crashed.

I hope there is something in the logfile because the logfile shows the time from 19:58 to 19:59 but I started at 19:50.. probably I did something wrong again

You can try to download the cores from the build bot but as I stated in my first post, which you should have read, those cores are build for a LE 8.2.x base so they can work but for example genesis-gx-plus failed for someone on his S905. The /tmp/cores directory is a virtual/overlay directory that combines the content of /usr/lib/libretro & /storage/.config/retroarch/cores so if you upload any core to the latter one Retroarch should recognize it at least after you restart.

Docker isn't included in my build and also not in vanilla LE but it's available in the standard repo. If you start PCSX2 it has to download my container first so do the math how long it takes to download 1GB for you and leave the system running for this time. And as always... and written in the first post... check out /var/log which contains the emulator logfiles. As long as PCSX2 downloads stuff it's logged in of the files.

Yes the core works most of the part I guess. Just my remap file doesnt work anymore. Neither in my old nor in this new retroarch version it is possible to change keys. However in the past I was able to copy the remap file of gambatte and rename it to easyrpg. That worked. However the new remap files look different and this trick doesnt work anymore. Who do I have to ask for help? The core developer or the guys from retroarch/libretro?

I now have sound both in kodi and in emulators. And everything starts. Its just.. slow. I tested the three standlone emus and some retroarch cores. And even the gameboy emulator is slow/choppy. The only emulator which seems to run fluent is dolphin. In ppsspp I also had one game which seems to run fluent and another one which is pretty slow. PCSX2 and retroarch cores are slow or choppy.

Shall I upload a log file or do you already have an idea?

And another thing is the controller config in ppsspp. Its so annoying because I dont get it. If I use my controller with ppsspp on my normal pc, running win 10 everything is ok. However if I try it in your build on my nuc it detects only one of ~12 buttons. I tried to use my settings file from my normal pc but it doesnt work. Same if I try to config it in ppsspp in your build. I already experienced that issue in niabis Sx05RE build. Its just Im running out of ideas.

edit: If emulationstation has sound while navigating then I have no sound in es. Could that be the reason? However the emulators itself have sound. Just slow/choppy.

First make sure your Kodi audio is working and this is not LE RR specific.

https://kodi.wiki/view/settings/system/audio

Audio quickstart guide - Official Kodi Wiki

Thanks I got it fixed. Atleast in kodi. I will try to get it working while gaming too.

I guess you did not read the first post of this thread otherwise you would not ask this question or are you going to compile the cores with the latest toolchain yourself? I clearly stated that Lakka cores won't run until they rebased to LE9 or something similar. Otherwise the personal cores are stored in \\yourdevice\Configfiles\retroarch\cores but don't expect support for third party cores.

Its about the easyrpg core which is not included in your build. I downloaded the latest version of this core via retroarch but this core has some issues which I didnt have on my S905X box. And in the past I experienced that cores on buildbot sometimes are corrupt or dont work as they should. So my intention was to test the easyrpg core which is included in the latest version of lakka. Didnt know that lakka cores dont work fpr LE9. I also found the cores folder in configfiles/retroarch but since it was empty I assumed it was the wrong place.

Well I guess you didn't read anything of my emulator FAQ either? Dolphin crashes because you have haven't configured your audio first. PCSX2 downloads my Docker container first as stated in my FAQ and it's about 1GB in size so yeah the screen stays black until it's done.

I did. I've read the chapter Emulator section | How to's | Frequently Asked Questions [FAQ]

"PCSX2 relies ony my Docker container so you have to install the Kodi Docker addon first. It should be available in the standard LibreELEC repositories."

So what I did is opening the LibreElec repo and looked for the Docker addon what confused me pretty well because it was preinstalled. Then I installed the Docker addon from your google drive but that didnt help. So ye I tried to fix it by myself without any success.

And I've answered how to fix PPSSPP fullscreen here so straight in front of your first post.

Ye ok didnt read that.

And here are some further questions to retro gaming:

How can I use one of my own libretro cores, where do I have to copy them? Retroarch displays that they are located in tmp/cores. Is that the full path?

While launching the libretro cores in Emulationstation work very well I have issues with the standalone emus. If I start a game for PCSX2 the screen turns black and nothing happens. Launching Dolphin leads to a black screen for like 2 seconds before it goes back to ES. And Roms for PPSSPP start but are shrinked in TV's left bottom corner.

I need your help. I have no sound. Neither in Kodi nor while gaming.

I changed the advanced.conf file and entered the command in putty. But I dont understand what device I have to choose and where I have to copy it. Thats how it looks like atm:

sn92oyfo.jpg

I have no extra speakers but only my TV. TV and Nuc are connected by hdmi1.

Well I just have one Box for both Kodi and Retrogaming. However I also like better starting Retroarch directly from Kodi. Currently I'm testing different gaming builds and the one which fits my needs the most is the Retrogaming experience build from MXQProject but its already one year old and the Retroarch version which is integrated is even older. So I'm searching for newer ones but I would like to have only the Retroarch addon folder which I have to copy to my other addons. However I can't find this folder in newer builds. Maybe its just because I flashed the builds to sd card and not to internal. I don't know.

By the way where did you get this ScottELEC version from August? The latest version I find is from March 2018.

Hi its me again. I just tested the latest version of Sx05RE but I had to struggle with my controller. I'm using a Playstation controller and usually all binding are correct by default. However thats not the case for both standalone emus ppsspp and reicast. Cross and triangle are swapped, right, left, down and up don't work at all. I configured the controls in emulationstation but it still doesn't work. Any tips how I can change the bindings? And how do I change graphic settings in ppsspp?

Kupo91 did you tried to convert your psx multidisc games to PBP with PSX2PSP? This allows to join multidisc (up to 5 discs) games in one file, playable on any psx emulator....

Ye, I read all the guides for playing multidisk games. I converted all my games to PBP. I also tried it with m3u playlists but nothing worked. Its not because of the games or its format. Thats all fine. Its because of a bug in PCSX_ReARMED you can not restart content and for most multidisk games you need to do that after swapping disks. However if you restart content you end up in PSX bios instead ot the game.

And I wonder if its just the armhf core, just on TV boxes or just in combination with my retroarch version because obviously most people have not this issue. Or there are just so little people who play multidisk games on pcsx_rearmed because the bug is atleast one year old and I dont see any attempts to fix it. Its frustrating.

Hi,

how can I find out which version of Sx05RE I've installed?

I once have downloaded MXQ Project but only copied the Retroarch folder because I liked the possibility to run RA out of my Kodi addon menu. However the MXQ Project is from last year and I don't know how to update my Retroarch files. Kodi shows me that the current version is 7.0.2-J08. Whatever this means. Does anybody know how to update my Retroarch files to the latest Retroarch files from Sx05RE v1.8.6? There is a bug which makes it impossible to play multidisk games in pcsx_rearmed and maybe it works better in the latest version. I hope so because I already asked for help in libretro forum, on github and reddit but nobody cares. I'm running out of ideas. All the good RPGs are multidisk games and I can't play none of them :( Help me please

Ye I know that I can calibrate the screen. And thats the way I handled it so far. However I also heard that I'm losing resolution if I do that. And its not just the resolution. I also didn't get displayed the Amlogic logo and the bootscreen from libreelec. Someone else in the kodinerds forum told me to use putty and type in:fw_setenv hdmimode 1080p60hz

fw_setenv outputmode 1080p60hz

It worked. I get displayed both screens now. But the resolution is still broken. And if I try to boot something else like the Sx05RE image I don't get displayed anything. Just a black screen with the notice that something can't be displayed. And I think thats all about the overscan.

So I hoped it was possible to disable the overscan by the config file

Hi,

I once bought an Android TV Box. However it didn't play all of my videos properly so I switched to LibreElec. My videos are playing fine now and I'm very happy with LE. There is just a small resolution problem that annoys me a bit. My screen doesn't fit into the TV and I already read a lot of threads about it so I can be sure its because of the overscan thing. However I have no overscan setting. The TV has a pc mode but it is only enabled if the TV detects a pc signal. I can't turn it on/off by myself. I don't know why Android didn't have that problem maybe the TV had enabled pc mode then. I unfortunatelly can't check anymore because I flashed LE to internal.

I also read that there is a config file for Raspberry Pi that can disable overscan. Is there a similar option for tv boxes aswell?

Thanks in advance