Posts by Kupo91

So have you tried to place the ISO in the standard path /storage/roms/ps2 rename it to Grandia2.iso and ran the game?

I just tried to test this but obviously I have a new issue u.u I cant launch pcsx2 anymore. Dont know what happened because I didnt touch pcsx2 in the last 24 hours. Yesterday I was busy with getting my dolphin games to run and testing some retroarch settings.

I just remember that before I went to bed I started my NUC for a last time to test something and shortly after starting it and trying to open RCB I suddenly got an error that I didnt know before. Something about window.home.xml or something like that and something about my controller I guess. The x-button of my controller didnt work anymore, but luckily my keyboard still worked and I was able to shutdown my pc. Today everything was fine but the last line from the logfile that I just created after trying to launch pcsx2 remembered me that issue.

WARNING: Trying to add unsupported control type 1

Sorry I expericend some strange things since I installed LE on my new NUC. Yesterday the Texture Cache Maintenance Utility failed while loading cache and when I looked into my movie collection and selected a certain movie I got a black screen. I could solved this by removing the thumb folder and textures.db though. And then another time I suddenly got a white screen when I opened RCB.. strange things which I never had before

Are you sure it's CDVD & not GS or something? Have you tried to use different images? Anyway I have no clue what's wrong with your devices. I've double checked it today and installed Docker on my J3455-ITX & PCSX2 afterwards which ran GOW "fine" without any errors. Also it worked on my Thinkpad X220 :/

Anyway I'm currently updating the Docker images & try to resolve the Nvidia issues too so maybe there will be a solution but as long as I can't reproduce it I don't know what to do. /shrug

Ye I understand this. However I attached a logfile that I've found maybe you could take a look of it.

Im sure that its CDVD and not GS and also tested different images.

Most of the threads about this error are about "use iso instead of plugin, then click iso selector" or "make sure that the iso is not in use, unmount it from virtual drive" and bla.

Here is something that might go into the right direction (its also about GS):

Pcsx2 on Ubuntu 11.10 64 bits. CDVD plugin failed

And here is something else interesting:

PCSX2 Commandline options --usecd & *.IsoFile don't override CDVD iso/Plugin selection. · Issue #1099 · PCSX2/pcsx2 · GitHub

What's wrong with installing & updating afterwards?

Thats what I did now and I still get this stupid pcsx2 error. After the NUC7CJYH and the NUC7PJYH, the NUC8i3BEH is the third device I tested.

I flashed the latest RR build and did everything how its described in FAQ. Configured sound in kodi, configured sound in RR config (I set ALSA though, because Pulse doesnt work for me), installed docker from the LE repo, startet a ps2 game via ES, waited until the blackscreen disappeared and the first what I get in dolphin is this notification about the CDVD plugin. I googled so much and there are a lot of threads about this notification. However since it works if I start a game in pcsx2 and I only get this notification if I start a game via frontend none of those threads suit my issue.. Idk what to do next

Beware this is the first "true" LE 9.1 build so the addon repo is now based based on LE 9.1 too. Make sure you've enabled addon auto-updates and install all of them before you "nag" about non working stuff. Many outdated 9.0 based addons won't start because they were linked against openssl 1.0.2 for example. Once all of your binary addons provided by the LibreELEC repo pulled updates they should work fine again.

You can right click on the "LibreELEC Add-ons" repo and let manually search for updates if you don't want to wait.

I both waited and manually searched for updates but nothing happens. My LibreELEC Add-ons repo is still on v9.0.1. However it should be 9.1.X or am I wrong?

By the way I noticed that if I navigate in kodi with my controller I dont have these sounds that I have if I use my remote/keyboard. Is that normal or do I have to report this somewhere?

No idea I never tried...

But for me trying PS2 emulation on J5005 is a waste of time...even on windows...gemini lake won't be capable of playing PS2 games correctly.

For me best we can emulate with that CPU is PSP and Dolphin for some games: no way we can emulate the most difficult games like rogue squadron...but a good old mario kart double dash shoudl be ok.

CPU is more or less equivalent to a non overclocked Core 2 quad Q6600 and GPU more or less equivalent to a good old 8600 GTS but with bad intel drivers...hence a gamer configuration of 2008 with shitty drivers...

Ah okay I thought you tested it. You are probably right most ps2 games wont run properly. However I tested one or two games which seemed to be playable. Atleast in the first 10 minutes I had no lags.

Alucard I just wondered if you also get this notification if you start a PS2 game via emulationstation or any other frontend?

"CDVD plugin failed to open. Your computer may have insufficient resources, or incompatible hardware/drivers. Press OK to go to the Plugin Configuration Panel."

If not, which plugings did you select in pcsx2 settings? Since you have the same NUC as me this should also work for me then

Kupo91
    Yes you can delete the file & rr-config dir.

This could work:

Perfect thanks a lot :)

Well you could try to delete this completely:

Code
    # Freeze Kodi / stop audio
    kodifreeze.sh freeze muteonly

# Switch back to Kodi & start audio
    kodifreeze.sh unfreeze muteonly

This works :D

However I just tried it with ppsspp and retroarch. In pcsx2 I have kodifreeze in this if condition. How do I have to manage this?

Btw. you should read the last changelogs...

You probably mean this:

I've added a first hacky implementation of a config addon. Check out Addons -> My add-ons -> Services -> RR Configuration to configure the emulation stuff. This will replace the advanced.conf file!

Shall I delete this file?

Didnt we fix this with

(just with retroarch, not ppsspp) ?

..using the solo mode doesnt work. Then it doesnt even start the game

Thanks a lot! :) I did the same with my other issue (doesnt return to rcb after playing). Maybe you could take a look of it too and say what is missing in retroarch.start script. Log is probably longer than necessary because I didnt know where it ends.

Thats how it looks like when launching /usr/bin/retroarch (returning to rcb works)

https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/nxqbbqxhcq/

And thats how it looks like when launching retroarch.start (doesnt return to rcb)

https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/37w4p6zcvg/

I maybe found the reason why rcb doesnt start dolphin..

I compared the logparts of ppsspp and dolphin and here are the differences:

PPSSPP:

dolphin:

Don't know what this means though. However I attached the files that are named in the error note. Maybe you want to check it..

Build RR-20190302-33d5f21 is online for Generic & RPi

• Addon repo should be fixed
    • RPI video previews fixed -> no swapped color channels anymore
    • updated to latest LE9.1
    • upgraded Generic kernel to 4.19.26 / RPi to 4.19.25
    • updated to mesa-19.0.0-rc6
    • updated to nvidia 418.43
    • updated to xserver 1.20.4
    • updated Skyscraper to v3.0.5
    • updated Hatari to v2.21
    • updated several libretro-cores
    • updated citra & dolphin

Did you upload this? Because whenever I looked in your google drive the past days there was your build from feb 22.

Edit: Apparently I had to clear my cache

Well if you provide logs -> reboot the system once the try out what should work but doesn't and grab the log package ;) otherwise it's a pain in the @$$ to figure out what's wrong.

I didn't find anything in particular why it does not run so can you start LE, log into a terminal and run the script which you want to use by hand and see if it starts fine? If it does RCB starts the script in a wrong way.:/

I started debug logging in system settings, rebooted, opened and closed ppsspp via rcb to show you that I end up in kodi main menu instead of rcb after closing ppsspp, then tried to opened a wii game, failed, turned off debug logging and uploaded the log files.

Starting the script via putty works.

So far no I never had this issue.

I have the infamous J5005 colored glitch in kodi interface...but that's pretty much it.

Ah okay.. wondering why my NUC is doing this so often..

Ye I have this glitch too

My dolphin logfile is empty. I have looked for an logging option that I have to enable but couldnt find anything. Did I miss something? However since rcb doesnt start it, shouldnt it be in the kodi logfiles? I just attached them. log-2019-03-04-13.07.38.zip

Do you mean this by saying documentation? There is something about solo modes and using popen. Maybe this is an option? However since coming back to rcb after playing works fine with the "retroarch" file I thought its maybe just a command that I have to add in your *.start scripts

I just noticed that when I created that logfile the path to dolphin.start in my rcb config file was incorrect. Here is another logfile that hopefully shows my issue. log-2019-03-05-18.11.44.zip

Alucard since you are using the same NUC and the same build like me I wondered if you also experienced that sometimes the NUC stucks in bootscreen?