Posts by bpr323

Thanks for replying Nicholas!

No, I don't think it's Kodi to blame - it's Libreelec, for sure.

1) I stopped Kodi # systemctl stop kodi

2) Ran the first file (9Gb) copy from SSD1 to SSD2 -> very fast, 500 mb/s and completed Ok.

3) Ran the second file -> it started at 120 mb/sec then stalled and stopped.

when I play a high-bitrate mkv (e.g. DTS-HD MA) - Kodi plays for about 5 min, then stops playing with Error msg - "the source is too slow for continuous playback" ..

It appears that some buffer on LE gets filled up and chokes the whole file system.

This is a MAJOR bug in LE reported many times before, but it still persists.

I have horribly slow file copy speeds on USB disks attached to LE and reading the recommended solution in thread here I can't understand how to fix it.

Here's my setup:

1) LE 9.2.2 is running on Intel PC (i7 / 16gb) Lenovo "Tiny"

2) My 1tb Evo 860 SSD is housed in external USB 3.1 Gen2 enclosure and formatted to gpt / ext4 - connected to the LE PC via external USB 3.0 port

3) If I copy large files on LE directly (dd) it starts at 120 mb/sec and then quickly drops to 1 mb/sec and then stops completely.

4) If I copy the same file on LE from Thunar on my MX laptop across SMB wifi connection Ii get a slow, but steady speed of 12 mb/sec

5) If I plug in the same drive directly into my laptop (which runs MX Linux) - I can copy a 10Gb file to/from my laptop at 400 mb/sec

It's got even worse - when I play a high-bitrate mkv (e.g. DTS-HD MA) - Kodi plays for about 5 min, then stops playing with Error msg - "the source is too slow for continuous playback" ..

The etc/fstab on my LE PC is unwritable and has no entries at all.

Using PuTTY the dmesg -c on LE returns several pages of verbose text, and I don't know how to copy it from PuTTy into a text file to publish it here.

For comparison, the etc/fstab on my MX laptop reads:

# Pluggable devices are handled by uDev, they are not in fstab 

UUID=6fd8aee6-70cb-431e-ab8d-36b210214c23 / ext4 defaults 1 1 

UUID=32A3-E19E /boot/efi vfat defaults,noatime,dmask=0002,fmask=0113 0 0 

UUID=01cb3ced-d2c3-4843-9c6e-c0e0bb860e3d swap swap defaults 0 0

My understanding of the solution recommended in the thread here is as follows:

1) Disable auto-mount of USB disks (really? - how?)

2) Edit etc/fstab and/or add "quirks" line to the /boot/cmdline.txt (actually, I don't have a /boot/ folder on LE file system)

Could someone please explain - step by step, in plain English - which LE system files need to be edited and how?

Many thanks in advance!

I too, have the same issue with horrible USB copy speeds on LE but I didn't understood from this post (or the linked Rasoery sticky) how to fix it.

I do not have an RPI nor USB attached drives formatted in msdos/ntfs.

Here's my setup:

1) LE is running on a "normal" Intel PC (i7 / 16gb) and LE is installed on a USB stick plugged into it.

2) I have 2 pairs of 1tb Evo 860 SSD's in external enclosures (all formatted to gpt / ext4) connected to the LE PC via external USB 3.0 ports

3) If I plug one of these enclosures into my laptop (which runs MX Linux) - I get copy speeds close to 400 mb/sec, but on LE it's down to 1 mb/sec

a) Entering "ps ax | grep ntfs" (using SSH via Putty to LE) returns:

11520 root 0:00 grep ntfs

b) The etc/fstab on my LE is unwritable and empty.

For comparison, the etc/fstab on my laptop reads:

# Pluggable devices are handled by uDev, they are not in fstab 

UUID=6fd8aee6-70cb-431e-ab8d-36b210214c23 / ext4 defaults 1 1 

UUID=32A3-E19E /boot/efi vfat defaults,noatime,dmask=0002,fmask=0113 0 0 

UUID=01cb3ced-d2c3-4843-9c6e-c0e0bb860e3d swap swap defaults 0 0

c) The dmesg -c returns several pages of obscure text, and I don't know how to copy it from PuTTy into a text file on my laptop.

My understanding of the solution recommended by other users above is as follows:

1) Disable auto-mount of USB disks

2) Edit etc/fstab and/ or add a "quirks" to the /boot/cmdline.txt (I don't have a "boot" folder on LE)

Could someone with a "success story" please explain here, step by step, in plain English - which LE files need to be edited and how?

Many thanks in advance!

SOLVED the solution was right under my nose, too easy for a non-programmer! :)

Changed User and Group ID's to 1000 and - bingo! Quick as a flash file cut/copy/paste on the LE host server without pulling the files across SFTP/SMB to my laptop. Kudos to Aptalca - cheers for creating the Dolphin container, champion! :thumbup:

################################################

Running Dolphin GUI (browser) file manager as a Docker container the LE host:

docker run -d --name="Dolphin" \

-e USER_ID="1000" \

-e GROUP_ID="1000" \

-e WIDTH="1280" -e HEIGHT="720" \

-e TZ=Australia/Sydney \

-v /storage/.kodi/userdata/Container/dolphin/config:/config:rw \

-v /storage/.kodi/userdata/Container/dolphin/mount/point:/mnt:rw \

-v /media:/media \

-v /storage:/storage \

-p 8050:8080 \

-p 3389:3389 \

aptalca/docker-dolphin:latest

Navigate to <http://192.168.XXX.XXX:8050/#/client/c/Dolphin>

And, of course, you need to configure:

1) Transmission to save files in storage/downloads instead of the default setting in the transmission folder

2) Make sure any USB disks and auto-mounted by LE at start-up

Docker source - <Docker Hub>

###############################################

Could one of the admins add this post to the LE tutorials please?

1) When I browse USB disks attached to LE by using smb or sftp links in Thunar on my laptop - I see them from terminal as

XXX@mx:/run/user/1000/gvfs/smb-share:server=libreelec.local,share=ssd-1 or

XXX@mx:/run/user/1000/gvfs/sftp:host=libreelec.local/media/SSD-1 and I have no problems with read/write.

2) When I'm using Dolphin from docker I cant read only 2 out of 5 USB disks in the <root/media>.

However, I can NOT "paste" into any subfolders,

My screenshots 1 and 2 above show the <root/media> folder is owned by root, and one would assume that this ownership will be recursive to subfolders (i.e. SSD's). But no - they are owned by User 1000 Group 1000 - please have a look at the Dolphin screenshots in my previous post.

It would be great if you could help me with some nifty options in the docker run command to force the permissions down to the SSD's <root/media>

??? -e USER_ID="0" \

??? -e GROUP_ID="0" \

Please? :)

Thank you so much Aptalca - that worked, although partially. I modified the docker run command to include

-v /storage:/storage \

-v /media:/media \

Now I can see (under the "root" folder) the contents of <storage/downloads/> and </media/> folders. The latter is where my USB disks are mounted.

I can only cut & paste within the <downloads> folder - and it's SUPER FAST, 10gb in 30 sec (compared to 12mb/s if I do it across SMB).

PROBLEM

If I copy a file from <downloads> and try to paste into one of the USB drives under <media> - that option is greyed out (disallowed).

Strangely, the <media> folder is owned by root, but the SSD's in that folder are owned by 1000 (nobody?).

The <downloads> folder is owned by root, as mentioned above I have no problem cutting/pasting anywhere in that folder.

Here's the screenshots:

I can only connect to a cable while setting it up. Its usual location has no cables.

Have you tried connecting across WiFi when your RPI3 is directly in front of the Router? Maybe the signal is not strong enough in "usual location".

Another possibility could have something to do with the Firewall settings and/or DHCP dynamically assigning new IP to your RPI3 after each reboot.

Can you try and disable firewall on RPI3?

I use UPnP for sharing across my local network and MiniDLNA as my media server.

MiniDLNA scrapes media files on 6 USB SSD's mounted on LE as SMB shares, then broadcasts the metadata across the network to any DLNA capable renderers. When I want to listen to music on my HT system, I never need to turn on the TV.

Instead, I open BubbleUpNP app on my Android phone (or tablet) which has MiniDLNA configured as "Library" and Kodi on LE server as "Renderer" (i.e. media player). Then I browse the Library on my phone/tablet BubbleUPNP and press "Play" - that's all. I avoid using my TV as the front-end UI for Kodi. Besides, Kodi library doesn't let me browse my music media as folders.

Go MiniDLNA and BubbleUPNP mate! :)

I want to be able to copy media files stored on my "headless" LE server across several USB disks mounted on that server - directly on the server, and NOT by passing them through my laptop across SMB or SFTP. So I installed Docker on LE and created Dolphin container app which I can access remotely through the browser on my laptop.

So far so good, but if I browse LE file system remotely as "root" with Dolphin (installed as a docker container app on my LE server) my <media> folder is empty as opposed to when I browse <sftp://libreelec.local/media> with Thunar from my laptop.

BTW, when I use Thunar on my laptop to browse LE media folders, it pops up "login" screen, and I choose "Log in Anonymously" - it works just fine.

Is it that I cannot see my <media> on USB disks mounted with fstab on LE machine because my Dolphin "root" doesn't have the permissions to see SMB folders on LE server?

I've installed Dolphin on docker with the following commands:

docker run -d --name="Dolphin" \

-e USER_ID="0" \

-e GROUP_ID="0" \

-e WIDTH="1280" -e HEIGHT="720" \

-v /storage/.kodi/userdata/Container/dolphin/config:/config:rw \

-v /storage/.kodi/userdata/Container/dolphin/mount/point:/mnt:rw \

-e TZ=Australia/Sydney \

-p 8050:8080 \

-p 3389:3389 \

aptalca/docker-dolphin:latest

I suspect I need to run Dolphin docker app logging in as root / libreelec - instead of having USER_ID and GROUP_ID set to 0 / 0 (as -e above) - to see the hidden ".kodi / .local" folders ("downloads" and "media") ?? But how?

And what is the actual file structure (PATH) on Kodi which is hidden under the metalinks <sftp://libreelec.local/media> and <smb://libreelec.local/> ??

PS - I've tried running MC with PuTTy but it crashes and locks up when I copy/paste or move large files across different USB disks :(

Here it is: Docker Hub

Please help :)

I've installed Dolphin container using Portainer, but I cannot see any mounted drives under "media" (the folder is empty), nor do I see the "downloads" folder, probably because I'm logged in as nobody:users (99:100)

My CLI access to LE is through PuTTy (as root). I can't find any "edit" option for the dolphin image to change my login to "root" via Portainer

If I use Putty - where do I find the Dolphin's config file to edit it with nano?

My Libreelec is a headless server with a bunch of SSD disks for file storage.

If I need to "remotely" copy or move files from one disk to another on Libreelec from my desktop PC (MX Linux) using smb of sftp across wireless LAN the speed is very slow (5 ~ 10 mb/s).

I assume there might be 2 options - a Docker image or an existing Kodi plugin.

Could anyone please recommend a Docker image to execute file operations on the actual Libreelec server, but via browser window on my desktop PC?

Or, if there's an existing Kodi plugin, it would be great to be able to open Kodi in the browser window on my desktop PC and cut/copy files from there.

PS - I do NOT want to use the existing File Manager in Kodi for which I need to connect my headless Libreelec to another monitor or TV.

Recently I encountered a problem after renaming root folders with media files on one of the USB drives miniDLNA kept broadcasting the old folder structure and not finding files there even after restart of the service.

Solution was to delete the "old" files.db file in

\\Libreelec\Userdata\addon_data\service.minidlna\db\files.db

and >>> systemctl restart service.minidlna

Upon restart, miniDLNA creates a new files.db file and rescans and rebuilds library for 4Tb total storage in under 5 min !

Thank you Da Flex!

The screen itself is fine - it just times out very quickly.

My guess is here must be an settings XML hidden somewhere that needs to be edited.

The add-ons for the music player are mostly fluffy dice and internet radio plugins.

It would be great if one of the DEV's could point me to the XML location if it's writable, of course ;)

There are 2 possible explanations why I'm not getting any response to my question:

1) Someone knows the answer, but they think I'm too lazy and must find out for myself because the answer is too obvious

2) This is a known "undocumented feature" that cannot be fixed

Could someone please have mercy on me and reply to this thread?

Okay, I just noticed that during music playback an extra "full screen" icon appears in the icon row just under below the KODI logo.

If I click on in, the screen changes exactly to what I want to see - album art, progress bar, etc.

But it stays on for 30 sec, then the screen changes to empty blue and stays so for the duration of the song.

When the next track starts playing, the screen changes back to default front page.

How do I get the "full screen" mode staying on indefinitely while I'm playing music files?