Posts by Spatters

yeah just googled it and it does look very shmick..... I am just running as Kodi FE's to the TV's in the house, so its not doing a high workload :)

But I might look into grabbing a couple of these cases to help

Cheers

I know this has been mentioned a few times, but I have to say with my RPI3's which I upgraded to the latest 9.x.x streams, when playing 1080p and even sometimes 720p video streams, getting the little temperature alert icon flashing in the right of the screen......

CPU got upto 80c last night while trying to render a video.

Never had the issue when on the 8 stream..... Any tips of getting around this? on the RPI3's and also the RPI4 (4gb) which I am about to upgrade too?

or will I now have to start looking for heat syncs, and airflow for the RPI's now too? I'd prefer not to if I can help it :)

So According to that now, the only way to get the clientID oAuth token is that you must have a valid domain, which you own and google can verify that you own..... So anyone using DynDNS services, or none at all, appear to luck out..... Oh well that saves me time trying to get youtube running....

Howdy Guys,

Got my elderly parents set up with RPI2 (about to upgrade them to a RPI3 as I just got two 4's) and latest libreelec deployment. They current IR remote they are using is not working well anymore and they need to upgrade to something, which to be honest, needs to be simple to use, no special key mappings required, "Just Works"

What would you guys suggest? its hard to get the old Windows MCE remotes these days and I noticed that you cannot pair the older Harmony remotes with Kodi?

Just looking for some suggestions if you have em......

Was running pihole in a docker contain, and just upgraded elec to 8.2.5 now Docker wont start.... I have uninstalled docker add-on, re-installed still the same issue....

# docker system info

Cannot connect to the Docker daemon at unix:///var/run/docker.sock. Is the docker daemon running?

Startup script result:

● service.system.docker.service - Docker Application Container Engine

Loaded: loaded (/storage/.kodi/addons/service.system.docker/system.d/service.system.docker.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)

Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Wed 2018-04-25 19:12:58 ACST; 9min ago

Docs: Docker Documentation | Docker Documentation

Process: 439 ExecStart=/storage/.kodi/addons/service.system.docker/bin/dockerd --exec-opt native.cgroupdriver=systemd --log-driver=journald --group=root $DOCKER_DAEMON_OPTS $DOCKER_STORAGE_OPTS (code=exited, status=2)

Process: 412 ExecStartPre=/storage/.kodi/addons/service.system.docker/bin/docker-config (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

Main PID: 439 (code=exited, status=2)

Apr 25 19:12:58 loungeroompi dockerd[439]: http://github.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).ExecuteC(0x1202d0e0, 0x1202d0e0, 0x0, 0x0)

Apr 25 19:12:58 loungeroompi dockerd[439]: /home/chewitt/LibreELEC.82-addons/build.LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-8.2-devel/docker-1.13.1/.gopath/src/http://github.com/spf13/cobra/command.go:742 +0x3c4

Apr 25 19:12:58 loungeroompi dockerd[439]: http://github.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).Execute(0x1202d0e0, 0x0, 0x0)

Apr 25 19:12:58 loungeroompi dockerd[439]: /home/chewitt/LibreELEC.82-addons/build.LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-8.2-devel/docker-1.13.1/.gopath/src/http://github.com/spf13/cobra/command.go:695 +0x28

Apr 25 19:12:58 loungeroompi dockerd[439]: main.main()

Apr 25 19:12:58 loungeroompi dockerd[439]: /home/chewitt/LibreELEC.82-addons/build.LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-8.2-devel/docker-1.13.1/cmd/dockerd/docker.go:106 +0x13c

Apr 25 19:12:58 loungeroompi systemd[1]: service.system.docker.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=2/INVALIDARGUMENT

Apr 25 19:12:58 loungeroompi systemd[1]: Failed to start Docker Application Container Engine.

Apr 25 19:12:58 loungeroompi systemd[1]: service.system.docker.service: Unit entered failed state.

Apr 25 19:12:58 loungeroompi systemd[1]: service.system.docker.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.

Any suggestions? Kodi showing plugin installed and enabled:

~/.kodi/addons/service.system.docker # more addon.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>

<addon id="service.system.docker"

name="Docker"

version="8.2.114"

provider-name="Team LibreELEC">

<requires>

<import addon="os.libreelec.tv" version="8.2"/>

<import addon="xbmc.python" version="2.1.0"/>

</requires>

<extension point="xbmc.service" library="default.py">

<provides></provides>

</extension>

<extension point="xbmc.addon.metadata">

<summary>Docker is an open-source engine that automates the deployment of any application as a lightweight, portable, self-sufficient container that will run virtually anywhere.</summary>

<description>

Docker containers can encapsulate any payload, and will run consistently on and between virtually any server. The same container that a developer builds and tests on a laptop will run at scale, in production*, on VMs, bare-metal servers, OpenStack clusters, public instances, or combinations of the above.

</description>

<disclaimer>

</disclaimer>

<platform>all</platform>

<news>

- Enable journald buildtag

- Update to docker 1.13.1

- Update to golang 1.7.5

- Update to docker 1.13.0

- Use journald log driver

- Add docker-init (tini)

- Add temporary cleanup for old systemd service