Posts by Legnad

[...]. If you run LE 9.0 development builds instead of LE 8.0 releases you'll have the same base kernel as Raspbian which may allow the easier binary-copy option.

Tanks for your replay. I already wondered who chewitt is in the error message :)

So basically I'm just preparing a spare SD card with Libreelec 9.0 dev build and try the exact same thing? Which are the respective binaries then?

Hello together,

I am having trouble following along this tutorial while using LibreElec 8 instead of Raspbian, which is for practical and eco reasons. I have installed the rpi-tools-addon in order to have GPIO available in python. For SPI functionality the tutorial uses this git. Now, when I am trying to install it with the included setup.py I get this:

Bash
    #############:~/downloads/SPI-Py # python setup.py install
    running install
    running build
    running build_ext
    building 'spi' extension
    /home/chewitt/LibreELEC.82-images/build.LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-8.2.4/toolchain/bin/host-gcc -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -O2 -Wall -pipe -I/home/chewitt/LibreELEC.82-images/build.LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-8.2.4/toolchain/include -Wno-format-security -DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -O3 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -fPIC -I/usr/include/python2.7 -c spi.c -o build/temp.linux-armv7l-2.7/spi.o
    unable to execute '/home/chewitt/LibreELEC.82-images/build.LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-8.2.4/toolchain/bin/host-gcc': No such file or directory
    error: command '/home/chewitt/LibreELEC.82-images/build.LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-8.2.4/toolchain/bin/host-gcc' failed with exit status 1

I am not too much into Linux but I guess this is strongly related to LibreElec and it's limitations towards compiling or something. Does anybody have an idea for a workaround or a solution or a somewhat alternative to the mentioned git? Any help is really appreciated.

I originally posted this on reddit. Thanks in advance!