Posts by mrBira

Ok, news for you =)

When i add an external USB disc to my router (Technicolor Xtrem) and add that share in Kodi (SMB) everything works as it should!

No stuttering or buffering either... strange, huh!?

What SMB min/max settings did you change?

The settings you need to change are Settings > Services > SMB client (you'll need to ensure Advanced or Expert mode). The default settings this will connect to SMB1, SMB2 and SMB3 servers, so really doesn't need any changes when connecting to a Windows 10 server.

What isn't supported by LibreELEC is anonymous access to shares (and this also isn't supported by Microsoft in Windows 10 - it was dropped a few updates ago). You'll now need to create a user account on your Windows 10 PC and assign it to your share, then enter the username/password of the account into Kodi when prompted (ie. when you access the share).

Browsing the network (WORKGROUP > THE-COMPUTER etc.) no longer works reliably as it depends on SMB1 and, with this being disabled by default by most vendors (including Microsoft), the ability to browse the network using Samba is not expected to work. You must now add your SMB network with "Add network location...", then add your source.

Finally, enabling SMB1 in Windows 10 is a bad idea - Microsoft had very good reason to disable it.

Thanks guys!

I went into Settings > LibreELEC settings > Services and tried to allowing smb1 also..

Now i have disabled SMB v1 in Win10 again... heh.

I don't use guest shares. I got a seperate account for the Raspberrys.

Before, i could just add the source, then i got asked for account/password in Kodi, but now i get that "Operation not permitted" directly.

Oh, i tried that "Add network location..", and that actually works - BUT - what i wanna play keep buffering ALL the time, unwatchable! =(

(even low quality series)

Nothing wrong with the network, just to mention.

Hello, i'm new here!

Installed LE on one of my Pi 3's, just to try something new =)

Smoother GUI than OSMC, and just a better feeling so far.

ONE problem i have with LE, and that's a biggie..

When i try to add my shares from the Windows 10 computer i keep getting "Operation not permitted"-error after i click WORKGROUP > THE-COMPUTER.

Side note: it works on my older Pi2's with OSMC, and even installed KODI on my Phones (Android, Samsung S7 and S8+) and they could without any problems just add the shares.

What different with LibreELEC?

I went to settings and changed SMB1 as min, and SMB3 as max. Didn't work either.

Also activated all smb protocols on Windows 10..

Thanks!

// newbie