Posts by truncrel

Hello,

I'm not exactly new to the forum and hope it's not a duplicate, but I couldn't find another issue with a matching description. Spoiler: It's not fixable with buffermode=1 (files streamed via network). I posted this as general bug, but it works perfectly fine on smb or local playback. The following decription is copy-pasted mostly from Bug Reports thread, so some parts are maybe not necessary, but I'm not too sure.

Problem description:

All tested on a clean install (only setup Wifi and SSH and disabled Samba Server). Certain MPEG-TS (recordings) start jittery with sound dropouts and then buffering for sometimes 20 seconds. Happens again with every skip in the same file.

Problem isolation:

• 8.2.4 on RPi2 and 8.2.3.1(kszaq) on C2 do not show this behavior for the same files
    • tested on RPi2 and Odroid-C2 for 8.2.x (playback fine) and devel-leia-build (described problem)
    • tested problem occurs on RPi2 with devel-build 201815 and most current devel-20180417082800
    • does not happen with every MPEG-TS file
    • happens primarily with HD content
    • currently reproducible with every file I recorded of a certain TV show
    • no network bottleneck, tested with iperf3 and vastly different WiFi-Receivers (one with effectively 30mbit/s throughput and the other with 100mbit/s)
    • also happens with deactivated hardware acceleration (RPi2 and C2)
    • same files/recordings are played back fine via smb and problem happens only if I open it via recordings in TVHeadend (recorded with TVH)
    • TVH versions are 3.4.27.1 (on LE 8.2) and 4.2.13.2 (on LE 9) and the problem occurs only on the latter

If it helps I can upload a snippet of one of the problematic files.

Kind regards,

truncrel