Posts by RowanDDR

How are you guys testing 23.976hz playback? Sometimes I'll notice little jumps in the cadence of panning scenes etc, as if frames are skipped or there is a short lag, but I wonder if its my imagination, or an anomaly with the source itself, because I find its quite a difficult thing to spot for certain.

With that in mind I found here that the Kodi project has provided some 23.976 testcard footage:
    FPS_test_1080p23.976_L4.1.mkv - Google Drive
    (Source: Samples - Official Kodi Wiki)

But even with this I find it hard to tell for sure, either way (watching in todays beta5b build). My eyes are no good lol. What do you guys think watching this on beta5b? My box is S905 FWIW (Mini MX 2G).
    As ever thanks to kszaq for all the hard work and heavy lifting. :)

For noobs it might be good to expand on two instuctions in the OP (i.e. how to get plugins working after updating from 64bit to 32bit build).

• How to "Delete your old packages directory":
      System -> Appearance -> file lists -> show hidden files and directories and allow file deletion
      System -> File Manager -> add source (call it "Root") and browse/add the location:
      /.kodi/addons/packages
      Then open it, long press any file there and choose "Select all". Then long press again and choose "Delete".
    • How to "Refresh the repos":
      Delete this file: /userdata/Database/Addons20.db
      Reboot.
      System -> Addons -> press left to bring up the side menu then click "Check for updates"

Thanks kszaq! 012 working great for me from NAND.. just updated from 009 build.

I just wanted to add that 4k is working via my amp... in some previous builds, 4k would not work via my Yamaha amp, but only when the HDMI was directly connected to the TV. For whatever reason, this is no longer an issue in 012 it would appear. Happy days! :)

Just wanted to update on this situation. I found out what was causing the blacking out issue... It was because I had a Logitech Unifying keyboard receiver in USB 2 port on my Sunvell T95X box. Moving this to USB 1 stabilized the HDMI 2.0 signal. 12-02 dev build works fine now. Not sure why there was a difference between this and 009. In any case, I guess this is what happens using a cheap box and pushing it to 4K/60/HDR :-).

Great work on LE kszaq!

Glad you got it sorted. I don't have any other devices plugged into the box.. no keyboard or USB or microSD. So 12-02 is still a no-go for me.. as long as I'm using my Yamaha amp that is.

Just updated from 009 to the 12-02 dev build. 4k content no longer displays.. my TV says "no signal" and there is no pic (only sound).
    I can provide logs if required?

EDIT: When I bypass my amp (Yamaha RX-V381), 4k plays! But via the amp.. no picture. This behavior is only with 12-02 ... with 009 release, everything including 4k works fine through the amp.

EDIT2: I've flashed back to 009 and 4k is working again (via the amp).

Just a random thing.. I played a movie today and noticed it was playing at 60hz instead of 24hz. A reboot fixed it. I'm guessing that my TV and amp need to be on before I turn the kodi box, otherwise it won't be able to query the display's capabilities at boot? Just a guess.

I'm using the 2016-10-28 build, and my box is Beelink Mini MX 2G.

I've tried 2016-10-18-vq and 2016-10-23 builds (NAND).. lip sync seems off for me on movies (the only content I have), so I manually set the delay to -225ms which seems to improve things although its a delicate art to find whats right. Beelink MiniMx 2G here.

When a movie starts, audio starts playing first then about a second later the picture kicks in.. is that usual? Maybe its just my TV taking a second to change to 24hz mode.

Last time lipsync was good for me was in version "006 + 4K FIXv5" aka LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20160823000938-r23288-gae76525.tar

device_trees has newer devicetrees as you can see, so if your dtb is from before 22 Sep. then you need to update it on your sd card and also on nand, according to kszaq

The instructions for updating from a 006+ build in the OP don't mention anything about device trees... I quote again:

Updating from 7.0.2.006 or later (devel builds):
    https://wiki.libreelec.tv/index.php?titl..._LibreELEC

To update device tree (this is not needed if everything worked for you at 7.0.2.006):

Updating from 7.0.2.006 or later (devel builds):
    HOW TO:Update LibreELEC - LibreELEC

"For updating LibreELEC while using the Samba shares you have to download the file to your actual machine first and then copy it to the update folder on your LibreELEC machine."

By "the file", does this mean the .zip or .img.gz?

And am I understanding this correctly.. to update from my current devel build (last one before 007), I just need the image file only.. no dtb or other file needed.

Optical out not working for me.
    MiniMX 2G
    Flashed 007 straight from Android.
    I've tried enable/disable passthrough, stereo upmix, etc.. can't get any sound on optical.

EDIT: Oh I don't think I grabbed the newest device tree, I'll flash again with updated file from device_trees

EDIT2: Hmm I seem to be stuck again.. here is where I am...
    I flash Android with USB burning tool... Android boots fine. If I then try to enter recovery via toothpick, microsd or not, it kills the box. Black screen, unable to boot recovery or Android. Then the only thing I can do is reflash Android with the burning tool. Totally stuck now.

EDIT3: I got into recovery! I think previously I might have been pressing the toothpick button TOO HARD.. need to experiment in a moment to see if I can get back into recovery after flashing Libre..

EDIT4: Libre flashes but then I'm stuck on the "hi bear" screen after it reboots..

EDIT5: Flashed back to 006. 007 just would not flash for me, always getting stuck at the OK bear bootscreen and hanging.

I (stupidly?) just put the new image into the update folder and rebooted.. it updated but then BSOD after the LibreElec logo. Now I've flashed back to Android using the burning tool, but can't seem to flash Libre or boot into recovery. To make matters worse, every time I try the toothpick method it seems to kill the box, Android no longer boots and I need to keep reflashing Android with the USB Burning tool before I can try anything.

EDIT: after several attempts basically trying the same thing over and over, the box finally decided to go into recovery and I was able to install 007 from there successfully.

Have you tried your tv with other 4k source?
    If yes and worked, then do you use the same HDMI port and the same cable?
    Do you use LE from SD or flash?

No I've not tried with another 4k source, the minimx is all I have. I could flash it back to stock Android and try that? I can try this tomorrow when I return home.

Ah maybe I need a HDMI 2.0 cable? My cable is probably 1.4a only.

I have Libre on flash.