Posts by Nahannidog

Just bought a new uHDMI cable (JSAUX brand), same length as before. All the screen flicker problems are gone on 4K TV! no flicker on reboot, GUI, video. Thanks!

So I'm a little wiser, some related questions:

1. Settings>System>Display> Resolution explicitly sets the resolution (I've been using 1920x1080). >Refresh rate explicitly sets refresh rate...so what is the meaning of the resolution/refresh whitelist? Whitelist sorta implies there's some negotiating of parameters between OS and Display device...are explicit setting of resolution/refresh just a starting point???

2. (Depending on the answer to #1), are the explicit settings for resolution/refresh enforced during the boot up procedure?

3. With old cable and 4KTV, I had flicker problems until resolution dropped all the way down to 720x576!!!! Any guesses as to why the old cable performed so much more poorly (poorly only with RPi4 & 4KTV, fine with RPi4 & 4K Monitor)? The microHDMI connector seems like a weak link, being so tiny. Or maybe 4KTV spews alot more EMI and old cable was poorly shielded?

Hello,

recently installed LE 11.0.1 on a new RPi4 4GByte. Works great on my 4K monitor, but when I moved it to the 4K TV (LG brand)in the living room there is strange/annoying screen behavior: Screen flickers blank for ~ 1 second at a few random second intervals. Flicker seems worse in the GUI, or settings but also happens when viewing a video.

I saw in the release notes "50/60fps H264 HW decoding may need force_turbo=1 or core_freq_min=500 in config.txt to avoid AV-sync-issues/skipping", doesn't sound exactly like my issue, but tried it anyway. Doesn't seem to make a difference, even viewing H264 video

Following wiki recommendations, I enabled logging then, used SSH with the pastekodi command to get this URL:

http://ix.io/4FzK

I hope this means something to you pros...its about 4-5 minutes of wandering around GUI and settings and playing a short video, with ~ 4 reboots. (Pls ignore the portion with wrong datecode, my WiFi barely reaches inside the passive cooling aluminum enclosure, so timeserver sometimes not reached)

Another very consistent symptom on the 4K TV, on reboot the screen display is consistently this sequence: 1. colorful Raspberry Pi square, 2. LibreElec logo, 3. blank ~ 1 second, 4. LE logo, 5. blank ~ 1 second, 6. LE logo, 7. Kodi GUI (usually flashing). In contrast on the 4K monitor, I get 1. colorful RPi square, 2. LE logo, 3. Kodi GUI, never flashing. and less boot time.

BTW, Settings>System>Display>Resolution set to 1920x1080 for the logging. Behavior seems the same when I previously had 3840x2160.

Hardware difference between 4K TV and 4K monitor is only the display...used the same microHDMI cable, same wireless Keyboard+Mouse, same 3Amp PSU. WiFi distance is closer with Monitor.

Hope this isn't too deep a quagmire. BTW, my RPI2 and LE 9.X.Y works fine with this 4K TV...but kinda slow, thus the upgrade attempt.

Thanks!!

Hi Chewitt, I used regedit to delete Putty's SSH keys for RPi4 IP address XXX.YYY.0.86. Also assured LE password disable is off with Settings>LE>Services> Disable SSH Password= Off (i.e. passwords required).

At this point, I realized I had two versions of Putty floating around v 0.64 in Program Files(x86) and v 0.79 in Program Files. Carefully choosing v 0.79, SSH sessions behave correctly. Thanks for you help!

BTW, I'm confused on the meaning of Settings>LE>Services> Disable SSH Password= Off I would assume this would be the easiest but least secure setting...but for some reason password must be enabled....not a problem, but don't understand why?

Hello, just installed LE 11.0.1 on new RPi4. Wrote the uSD card with Raspberry Pi Imager. Install went very smoothly, but now stuck on a few details.

I did all the install with direct connect Keyboard Mouse Video, but intend to run "headless", so want to get SSH working. I enabled SSH and Samba on the initial install. I've been using Putty on my RPi2 WiFi (LE 9.2.8) without any problems, and continues to work. But on the RPi4 (WiFi), Putty session won't even start, get the error "couldn't agree on a key exchange algorithm....". So, no login prompt presented.

Probably not pertinent, but thrashing about, I found same result regardless value of Settings>LE>Services> Disable SSH Password= Off (i.e. disabled) or =On (i.e. disabled).

Strangely, I was using Putty v 0.64 and got this key exchange error many times, so upgraded to Putty v 0.79 and got a different error msg the first time I attempted Putty v0.79 session...The first time got to login prompt, I entered "root", then immediately received "no supported authentication methods available". Second and subsequent attempts give the "couldn't agree on key exchange algorithm error. "

SSH public private keys are a mystery to me, probably fairly obvious :( Please help.

Hello,

Found the nice wiki on how to edit with SSH.

Raspberry Pi Config.txt [LibreELEC.wiki]

Did that "successfully", rebooted the RPi2 and won't even get the HDMI screen displaying. I assume I added something really bad to config.txt (I added a line "max_usb_current-=1", something I found in vintage 2014 posts about how to get more current to the RPi2 USB ports). Undaunted, I moved to the next paragraph in the wiki; how to edit the SD card on a PC to remove my change to config.txt (quoted below)

Editing by another PC

Remove the SD-card from your RPi, plug it into a Windows, Linux or MacOS based PC. In Windows, preferably edit the file with a text editor capable of saving text files in Unix-format, such as Notepad++ or Wordpad (not Notepad.exe).

Put the SD card in the PC and all I can find is the recovery partition....no directory /flash. How do I edit with a PC????

Thanks 4 ur help, obviously a noob.