Posts by dickfitzwell

looking at "init" line 1029 "cp" will fail due to not creating the subdir "libreelec" under "/dev/" when copying, ie:

Code
    cp /flash/$IMAGE_SYSTEM /dev/$IMAGE_SYSTEM
    cp /flash/libreelec/SYSTEM /dev/libreelec/SYSTEM

maybe the "--parents" option would complete successfully, ie:

Code
    cp --parents /flash/$IMAGE_SYSTEM /dev/$IMAGE_SYSTEM
    cp --parents /flash/libreelec/SYSTEM /dev/libreelec/SYSTEM

this works:

Code
    kernel /MYKERNEL BOOT_IMAGE=MYKERNEL SYSTEM_IMAGE=MYSYSTEM boot=LABEL=FLASH live quiet

subdirs do not:

Code
    kernel /libreelec/KERNEL BOOT_IMAGE=/libreelec/KERNEL SYSTEM_IMAGE=/libreelec/SYSTEM boot=LABEL=FLASH progress debugging nosplash textmode

produces this:

thanks. this works:

Code
    kernel /MYKERNEL BOOT_IMAGE=MYKERNEL SYSTEM_IMAGE=MYSYSTEM boot=LABEL=FLASH live quiet

this does not:

Code
    kernel /libreelec/KERNEL BOOT_IMAGE=/libreelec/KERNEL SYSTEM_IMAGE=/libreelec/SYSTEM boot=LABEL=FLASH live quiet

what is the syntax for "path_to/KERNEL" and "path_to/SYSTEM" for the files in a subdirectory?

from my boot manager (grub4dos) I currently have working:

Code
    kernel /KERNEL boot=LABEL=flash disk=LABEL=storage quiet

is there a way to tell the kernel to use a specific filename for SYSTEM? or even if I move SYSTEM to a subdirectory of the root directory?

I know I saw a parameter to specify it either here or the OE forum at one time but don't recall what it was. Tried the forum search function as well.

Code
    kernel /KERNEL <???> boot=LABEL=flash disk=LABEL=storage quiet

my goal is to have in my root directory files renamed something like:

Code
    KERNEL7.0.2
    SYSTEM7.0.2
    KERNEL8.2.2
    SYSTEM8.2.2

then use different menu entries to boot different versions. or perhaps use the LE live parameter as part of a multiboot USB but have the files in an subdirectory of the root for tidyness.

thanks,