Posts by 9800pro

First restart after update hang.
    Cold boot.
    First restart OK...
    Second restart hang.
    Cold boot.
    Hang at boot...twice in a row

Tried regular 64bit 011 and it hangs again...

Minix U1

USB booting is not handled by kernel, it is handled by u-boot and only after SD card with LE is not detected. That said you may be right that is has some influence on how kernel driver works. Can you please do the following: execute fw_setenv upgrade_step 1 over SSH and reboot - this will make all u-boot variables go back to default values and thus disable SD and USB booting.

Well i only tried this on 007 version im running now and WOOOOOOW, boot time went from 15 to 4 seconds.
    This is for Minix U1.
    Will try 011 during holidays :)

Latest build on Minix U1, still the same. First restart after update it hangs. Power cycle, first reboot went fine, second hangs again.
    Question, is something going on during boot that looks at hdmi? I noticed that same box behaves differently if connected to Panasonic plasma trough Yamaha avr or if connected directly to LG tv monitor, both cases with hdmi. On plasma/avr combo boot time until LE logo is some 15 seconds and on LG is 2 seconds. Now that's some drastic difference...

sent from my G2

Could you please share how to get that log?

sent from my G2

Yea, something is wrong with boot process itself.
    As if boot partition cant be seen after "bios" boot up is finished.

Can we use older device trees like 007 or 008?
    What can happen if we use them?
    Can you just edit those older files to work with 010 version of LE?

The change was made on 2nd December, it was only present in dev build(s) that came after: projects/S905: compile USB drivers as module · kszaq/LibreELEC.tv@1527eba · GitHub

Tried the new one but...when restarting the unit it finds new image file with the message below:
    "could not find a valid system partition in image file"
    Then just restarts to 007 which is installed.

I burned the image to sd card with rufus.
    The LE boots up from it but on first restart it hangs.

Second try, not it hangs on LE logo.

I'm sorry for the booting issues you are having. I have only 2 S905 boxes and 1 S905X, I test everything on them before posting but it seems like some boxes don't like all the changes. There is only 1 change to I made to kernel behaviour between 009 and 010. Here is the build with that change reverted, should you wish to test:
    7.0.3.010-USB-Revert

Note: device trees are the same in .009 and .010 builds.

I will answer all the questions later.

Hey kszak, why be sorry for anything. We all appreciate your taking your private time to make all of us happier.
    Is that usb change made from latest 009 dev version onwards or was it there before, like from first 009 release?
    I'm just copying this new one to update folder on top of 007 and will test it out.

Here is a test with my Minix U1.
    I firstly reflashed U1 with latest Minix 011 firmware, twice, just to be sure.
    Then i put sd card with LE 007 (only one without issue with U1), installed it to internal and tested reboots.
    10 reboots, 10 successful boots.
    The i updated to 010 with putting image file and device tree into update folder, rebooted and result are:
    - first restart after update hangs, needed power cycle.
    - 3 successful reboots and then hangs.
    - power cycle
    - 1 successful boot then hangs
    - power cycle
    - 2 successful boot then hangs
    - power cycle
    - 1 successful boot then hangs
    At this point i put sd card with 007 on it, rebooted, installed to internal again and results are.......10 successful reboots.
    Same is happening with latest dev build of 009.
    I will keep using 007 because for U1 is most stable one, no audio delay, HD audio is working, reboots are flawles. Wireless doesnt work but dont use it so dont care...
    Also a side note, boot from SD card is some 6-7 seconds, boot from internal is some 13-15 seconds, don't exactly know why because boot from internal should really be faster...its the same for 007, 009 and 010 LE versions. By boot time i mean the time Minix Android logo is shown. When actual LE starts to boot up internal version is faster.
    All off this is the same with Minix FW versions 010 and 011.

If you have a movie that doesn't work, please provide a sample. I test every build on my 50GB+ of samples but I'm aware this can't cover every playback case. Can you also test the latest dev build on your setup? It's posted a few posts ago.

Yea, will try as soon as my net comes back and my wife let's me [emoji16]

sent from my G2

I'm playing with 007/008/009 versions last few days on Minix U1 and i have to say that 007 feels most usable of them all. No popping sounds and vc1 playback is superb. On 008/009 vc1 has heavy audio offset which cannot be fixed by changing offset in audio menu in playback, always stay's the same. The movie in question is Batman Begins mkv vc1 with trueHD. On 007 it plays without issues. I'm suspecting that different s905 boxes react different to every release.

sent from my G2

Hi,
    I just updated to 009 on my Mini M8s (S905) using the new gxbb_p200_2G_100M.dtb but there's still no sound over HDMI. Under output device it just shows "Default, Bluetooth Audio (PULSEAUDIO) so I'll go back to 007 again :)

Thx

Nana

Ps.: back on 007 the it says "ALSA: AML-M8AUDIO, HDMI" under Audio output device using the same device tree

Are you sure you updated to 009 with NEW device tree?
    As far as i know device trees for 007/008/009 are not the same...