Posts by GDPR-7

The reason you removed the gist is because I complained about missing versions on test3?

No ! No ! Noooooooo !

- the download server URL has changed.

- my script contains a bug (sorting empty lists) I realized yesterday

- I need to test my script with that changes first

- when the new URL is official I'll release a new script (if the script runs with the new URL at all)

heitbaum

is your comment #69 a statement that the new URL is official ?

${Forum-Admin}

I would like to open a new thread when I will release the new script, cause this thread belongs to the elder script.

thread should be the same as this one !

is this realizeable ?

how ?

What do I need to do ?

the new script uses curl and not wget

you should consult the download URL what the script is using.

for the V0.10 script it is https://test3.libreelec.tv/11.0/RPi/

and that URL is inofficial !

also the script is somehow inofficial.

- surely I posted a link to it to help someone, but  I currently start to regret doing so -

the above URL shows the last nightly is 20220710-6050346.

but, surfing the above URL does NOT show any 20220711-f682eb5 (or I'm blind as usual 8) ) !

+++ Edit +++

so, at the time you were running the script it should have been downloading anything, cause if the script doesn't find your currently running nightly on the download server it should abort aborts with an error message.

see line 263 !

in any case:

if you report bugs please send a screenshot additional with the part where I can see what the script found on your box as currently running nightly.

===

In general

guys, you're you are using a (inofficial) script what uses a inofficial URL.

and the script evolves (hopefully not in an bad direction => more bugs) and sometimes it looks different as the script released before.

you're free to change it fitting your needs, but if you do so, I'm out of the game !

I'm currently also out of the game when you're still using the elder script, what I marked as buggy.

means:

NO support by me for script version < V0.08 and also for V0.10 until it is official released by me on page 1 in this thread !

therefore I scratched both for now (gist, mediafire), sorry

when the new URL is official I'll test my script again and release it afterwards

I'm out, rockin', for now

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Thanks jim_p for the Credit, but it need to go to the LE Team !

I just build a new script (Version 0.10) for .../test3/...

+++ EDIT +++

sorry, the link to the script is scratched. causes trouble I don't need

I tried/ have fixed the Bugs/shortages in the elder Versions.

V0.10 is tested with Generic* (and cause the lack of HW: for RPi* only with dummy files)

updates to the lastest and downgrades to the nightly before your currently running on your box (downgrade stepwise one nightly down)

script will be released when the new server structure is official ...

Don't use Version 0.08 or lower anymore:

they don't get the dowgrades right !

Thanks ${All}

I build my own converter and picked the parts with awk, etc, out of the string "Sun, 03 Jul 2022 02:35:26 GMT" to get the [YY]YY]MM]DD]hh]mm format

one question left:

why do all nightlies decompress to ~549 MB (in an terminal, in nautilus:~576) even when the compressed size varies (Generic:~211, Generic-legacy: ~274 , RPi*: ~122)

and

is there a sort of warranty that it always be ~549 ?

mglae

last time you pointed me to piece of code, but I couldn't get why the decompressed size is/seems always the same:

LibreELEC.tv/mkimage at c8a2d1c81793ad7951d0f9f6ac55ec31524cdadf · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv
    Just enough OS for KODI. Contribute to LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv development by creating an account on GitHub.
    github.com

what I don't know are the values in line 16 !

${SYSTEM_SIZE} and ${SYSTEM_PART_START}

CvH

chewitt

I'm trying to adjust my script for the coming new server structure:

https://test3.libreelec.tv/11.0/Generic/

I now want to avoide some shortages/mistakes [*] of my old script, where I were unable to exactly get what's an update/downgrade.

so the new script version should work with the field "mtime" (see attached file, it's pre-filtered output from command: curl -s https://test3.libreelec.tv/json/11.0/Generic/)

to be able to compare the mtime fields I need to convert the date/time string to a form allowing to do integer comparison

this should be the target format : 202207020834. (CCYYMMDDHHMM)

my first draft is

- to create a temporary list of only the mtime strings

- read the list and convert the mtime string to the above target format

- do the comparsions

- notice the next nightly what is elder/newer then the running one

- (unsure) convert back to the mtime string and grep that mtime string in the list ...

- download the found nightly and it's sha256 (unsure if needed, cause -AFAIK- the update installer does already a check summing)

the problem now are:

a) read the above temporary file containing the mtime strings for conversion *without* stumbling over blanks the strings contain

my attempt to fix: set IFS="

or as I now see via CvH suggestion

b) doing so I 'll up to now get a additional date, cause -my guess - bash read commands from the right to left, so I get one more date (the current date) then mtime strings are in file

How to avoid that ???

[*]

the "build date-git hash", form 20220623-a81b6d9 doesn't in all cases allow to figure the correct nightly for update/downgrade.

thinks of builds with same date and different git hash, e.g. builds from 5:00 and 19:00

converted mtime string seems the way to go and saves me a lot of logical brainer's to get it better as in my current script V0.08

===

other question:

is there a way to do an inline conversations during an output of awk ?

let say, I've a file named out-von-JSON containing this:

{ "name":"LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-11.0-nightly-20220628-f7f28a7.img.gz", "type":"file", "mtime":"Tue, 28 Jun 2022 18:07:28 GMT", "size":221226619 },

to get the mtime string field I would do the following:

cat out-von-JSON|grep -v sha256 | grep -v Generic.x|awk -F '"mtime":' '{print $2}'|cut -d '"' -f2

=> Tue, 28 Jun 2022 18:07:28 GMT

Am I able to do inline conversation for the awk part '{print $2}' ?

- it's 30 years ago I learned Unix -

hallo

I've the following problem while bash scripting (my nightly download script)

I need for an date comparison to convert a file of dates.

initial date format is "Sun, 03 Jul 2022 02:35:26 GMT" and should be converted to format: 202207030435.

let say the file is named "dates"

the following for loop doesn't work cause of the blanks in each line:

for i in $(cat dates); do date -d $i '+%Y%m%d%H%M'; done.

How to read the file line by line without stumbling over the blanks in the lines.

trying to put ' or " in front and at the end of each line doesn't work out ...

thanks ghtester for promotion :thumbup:

I would wait for script version V0.09, cause in V0.08 is still a bug regarding the mismatch what is an update/downgrade.

esp. when 2 nightlies hit the download server on the same day e.g. at 5:00 and 23:00

currently the script doesn't handle release hours !

apart of that the script does what it should

V0.09 is still under investigation/testing/development, maybe tonight...

jim_p thanks for testing and report

+++ Edit +++

I'm quite sure you were not running V0.08 when you maid the screenshots/pictures !

Why ?

looking at your pictures, where it reads

" u) update your nightly to the lastest. )"

". )" doesn't exists in V0.08 anymore, that was the typo fix I mentioned in the changelog

or

look at the script code, line 394

and cause you're not running V0.08 you got the junk in the 2. photo: 20220629 is an downgrade for the running 20220627

As for the mediafire link. Wget-ing it results in an html file. I named it "whatever" because the redirections that wget has to go through add my public ip to it

I use firefox and right-click on the MediaFire link, then "copy-link" and paste that after "wget " and I get the script.

Having said that, I offer to add it as a gist and I (promise that I) will keep updating with every new release that you make.
    It leads to the raw text version of the gist, so one can use it with wget directly.

thanks for the offer

Since there are no new nightlies today, because the last commit is still f7f28a7, I will keep 0.07 and test it and I will upgrade to 0.08 afterwards.

and what do want archive with doing so ?

0.07 has a bug with legacy and with 0.08 it's fixed ?

that what I already know !

yesterday I tested legacy update/downgrade and the same for generic several times.

0.08 seems the way to go !

P.S.

your wish was heard:

a download link is available in comment #1 !