Posts by GDPR-7

For EPG grabbers I'm using OTA Freesat and Freeview

why not use the TVH defaults or one of them.

to me it seems that could be the problem here, but I'm not the best crash log reader at all ...

from your crash log:

#0 0x0000000000c2e73a in PVR::CPVREpgTagsContainer

and

ERROR <general>: UpdateFromScraper: No EPG scraper defined for table '

I'm using TVH 4.3 on nightly without problems since month ...

I don't see any specific error in kodi.log.

2022-08-04 02:37:28.121 T:2995 ERROR <general>: libva error: /usr/lib/dri/iHD_drv_video.so init failed

since build 20220701

could be:

20220701-10d897b

and therefore

https://github.com/LibreELEC/MesaLibreELEC.tv/pull/6659

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4570S

with

GPU: Intel® HD Graphics 4600

- I wonder if it's really a MESA bug, cause my mother runs my old haswell nuc with a HD 4400 GPU, Fedora 36 and Mesa 22.1.4

alas currently no access to the box (700 km away) -

mpavlis76

is there a /storage/.config/kodi.conf still active ?

if so: remove the file and reboot

P.S.

I do for kernel testing usually this in an terminal:

dmesg|grep -iEw 'bad|bug|conflict|corrupt|error|fail|failed|fault|fatal|invalid|Lock|NULL|segfault|stack|trace|warn'

Otherwise a solution could be to limit the RaspberryPi to the 2.4-network. But this sounds like a strange workaround.

Why ?

AFAIK, with 2.4 you'll NOT have scanning for radar from time to time esp. when using channel 100

- I'm unsure if the FB does scan for radar on 2.4 too, though -

As long a the connection is stable and has enough data rate to stream your video (what I've read 40Mbps should be enough)

Inside the Raspberry Pi 3 » Raspberry Pi Geek
    Inside the Raspberry Pi 3
    www.raspberry-pi-geek.com

I know it's from RPi 3 B (without "plus"), but

=> Headline "WiFi and Bluetooth"

=> and there the 4. paragraph

=> both last sentence,

cit: "The throughput measured by using iperf was approximately 38.5Mbps. Theoretically, this data rate suffices, even for streaming 4K videos, which only require up to 16Mbps in H.265"

On *my* Fritzbox 7590 "iperf" is integrated (maybe on your 7560 too ?):

- open the website from your FB

- search on the left side the word "Inhalt" (grey text)

- click that

- scroll the right side down until you see "Fritz!box Support"

- click that

- scroll to "Durchsatzmessungen"

For LE the program "iperf" is in either "System Tools" or "Network Tools" Addon

for the from HiassofT suggested measurment this app might also help (where tp place the router, what channel to use, wifi crowded at place from the RPi ?, etc.):

FRITZ!App WLAN | AVM Deutschland

but keep in mind using the app: your measure with your *phone* and NOT with your RPi !

On the RPi you should have a bar indicator roughly showing it, and your AP/router may have that, too (my OpenWrt router shows link quality of each connected wifi device).

screenshot from my FB 7590 and a connected AX201

spent a couple of days formatting and copying stuff (even with USB 3 it takes a while)

pulling the drives out of their housings and temp. putting them into your PC and using TeraCopy (with verify [for a copying during night [*]] !) wasn't doable ?

[*] hibernation/suspend should be OFF then

windows command line with admin rights: "powercfg -H off" for the first

suspend: - don't know -, but "powercfg /?" should show what to do)

TeraCopy for Windows - Code Sector

so it could fit with already 1st Sept ... ;)

P.S.

AFAIK, under linux you need a partprobe run or a reboot after building a new FAT (file allocation table) and before copying ...

I also would suggest LAN.

what in wifi works today isn't meant: it will work tomorrow too !

But you maybe could play with the Wifi setting somewhat:

use your Wifi always with fixed channel, NOT auto channel

why ?

well, auto channeling seems to be un-reliable on fritzboxes ( I own a 7590)

why else ?

given that your your neighbours also own a fritzbox and most of the owner let the boxes run with the defaults, what is "auto channel"

why not use this ?

setting your WLAN channels fixed and let your neigbours channels move when their channel collide with yours. :P

I bet (if your neigbours run auto channeling): in 1-2 days your mostly alone on your fixed channel !

I would suggest

for 2.4 : channel 13

why ?

AFAIK this channel is OFF per default in the fritzbox settings and if my above assumption is valide: OFF on your neigbours FB's too

if so: nice, a free channel !, but ...

for 5: channel 100

why ?

beginninig with channel 100 the FB sends with 1000 mW (all other channels with lesser, see your FB manual, page 267)

seeing a strong channel and your neighbours move again ...

BUT, with channel 100 and what I've read so far about FB's also on lesser channels, FB's are scanning for radar from time to time, means: there is a "buildin" and highly discussed shortcoming in FB's (with release firmware; beta FW should have fixed it) regarding stable connections

so channel 100 needs testing in your environment !

===

that said and somewhat contrary:

the best channel setting I found here with ~40x 2.4 and ~8x 5 GHz neigbour WLANs, is the *same* fixed channel I strongestly see from my neigbours WLAN.

sounds stupid, but ...think of physics "amplitude are added [*] when 2 waves have the same frequency or "added" to zero if the freq.'s are 180° shifted and of course all variants between this two extrema.

that's why I wrote the "but" in the above "if so: nice, a free channel !, but ... "

particularly, your neigbours running channels beginning with 8 while yours is 13 you'll have increasing trouble.

[*]

they don't real "add", you don't get doubled whatsoever here, but waves don't get destroyed.

if you ever have played with the android app Fritz!WLAN you seen parabola's (2.4 MHz Wifi).

if they cross their flanks the signal gets deranged what is only in 2 cases not the case: when channels are far enough away (AFAIK: 5) or when they are the same (no flanks crossing: no signal destruction !)

so, the best is the same strongest channel you see from your strongest neigbour in a crowded wifi

and keep in mind:

playing with wifi needs time.

you maybe won't see the effects immediately.

your surrounding needs to react on your moves what usually comes time shifted.

But where can i enable that CONFIG_SENSORS setting?

"CONFIG_SENSORS_NCT6775" is a kernel config option when compiling a or your own kernel.

When i enter modprobe nct6775 on the prompt it says modprobe: FATAL: Module nct6775 not found in directory /lib/modules/5.10.76

AFAIK, that couldn't work out, cause during the kernel build a file is or some files are generated which mention what modules were compiled, where to find and what dependencies exits

thanks for support !

so if your TV has native support for some resolution you need then enable it in the whitelist.

this an computer monitor, but anyway it was a main question of me:

LE reports in the kodi.log some resolutions I can't find in the monitor spec's/manual !

did you miss that ?

what is correct ?

but obvious the monitor can do 1280x and 720x otherwise I wouldn't see any german HD TV pictures since years, I guess

(satellite?)

yes, germany

so I'll whitelist all the above resolution LE reports as valid, while NOT in the monitor spec's (attached PDF) and Allow both refresh rates/pull down ON ?

adjust display refresh rate: OFF, otherwise I've blank bars and/or a horizontal stretched picture with SD TV

the monitor goes with that, but I stumble over your comment in an RPI thread pointing to the mentioned wiki article, so I read again my monitor spec's and was, esp. regarding damaging my monitor, somewhat worried.

the keywords there, chap. "Mode Whitelist" is "if available" in the sentence "Recommendation: Configure Kodi to allow the following modes, if available:"

https://wiki.libreelec.tv/configuration/4k-hdr