Posts by GDPR-7

I got it right, you're searching for a ~vanished~ backup made with the buildin backup tool ?

if you haven't changed it (if doable at all) backup's usually contain a date-time-string in it's name.

A full name is "20220819222924.tar" and this one was made at date 19.08.2022 and time 22:29:24

after ssh'ed into the box the command

find /storage -name '*20220819*'

will search under "/storage" (other location would be "/var/media" where external disks are usually mounted OR "/" to search the whole disk including mounted disk)

and

will find all files containing "20220819" in it's name, if existing

alternative:

find /storage -name '*.tar'

will find all files under "/storage" ending on ".tar"

you know when you made the ~vanished~ backup, so please adjust the date or use the alternative find command ?

you're able to ssh into the box ?

more to read/learn ? :

find(1) - Linux manual page

I completely overread it's an RPi....

Your's and Joe's comments pretty much destroy my theory. ...

well, not complete, if the main question was: what causes FS corruption !

why "not complete" ?

cause of this:

During bootup LE will then scan for all USB devices and mount all partitions (except boot/flash and storage, which are already mounted) in /var/media so you can access them - here your 6TB HDD will get mounted.

so to prevent FS corruption you need to do either

- shutdown the RPi (system shutdown will unmount all mounted disks for you)

or

- in an terminal run "umount /var/media/*" or better "sync && sync && umount /var/media/*"

before unplugging the disk.

to iterate:

a FS gets corrupt when a disk gets unplugged or a power cut, while the FS/disk is in use.

and "being mounted" translates to being "in use", here.

your thought/theory are unlikely

the most against your thinking was declared in the other thread (closed cause of "layer 8 problem" on both ends).

again:

mostly a filesystem gets corrupt when the drive is disconnected while being in use/mounted (e.g. hard power cut).

against the "boot theory" and for the "dear Pi don't boot my external drive":

usually LE is configured where to boot from during LE installation.

with the UUID's form the disk what is attached during installation.

in an LE terminal the command

dmesg|grep "Kernel command line:"

will show what UUID's are involved.

there are usually two entries (from my sata ssd):

- boot=UUID=...

and

- disk=UUID=...

what UUID belongs to what partition/disk is shown by the command "blkid"

long story short:

I'm not aware off by only attaching an external disk would change the above entries where to boot from !

- that changes need more work -

therefore I'm - for the main part - NOT convinced that the external disk is bootable at all and if it would somehow, with the lack of needed boot files you would see an error message only (unable to boot from ... or such ), but it wouldn't corrupt the filesystem.

===

to boot from a disk you additional need the disk marked as bootable (don't know if that is still true with EFI !)

if you only partitioned and formated your external disk this bootable flag is usually NOT set (unsure).

there are some tools (fdisk, parted, etc.) out there to see and change the boot flag.

!!! playing with those tools could damage partitions !!!

parted is available on LE.

please read the help files/manuals for parted, e.g. "man parted" => internet

there the "print" command and how to find out if a external disk IS bootable or NOT

my LE internal and bootable sata ssd:

1 4194kB 541MB 537MB fat16 System boot, legacy_boot, esp

to me there seem to be problems with your video:

2022-08-19 22:06:50.228 T:891

and

2022-08-19 22:06:50.387 T:891

care to try another one from maybe here:

Home | Test Videos

Samsung : Introducing Quantum Dot Display HDR UHD 4K Demo | 4k Media
    Samsung explains what is Quantum Dot with HDR. A quantum dot display utilizes semiconductor nanocrystals called quantum dots (QD). These dots may convert or…
    4kmedia.org
    4K Media | Free Ultra-HD / HDR / HLG / Dolby Vision 4K Video Demos
    Uncompressed 4K demos, samples, and trailers, to show off your new ultra-HD (2160p) HDR/HLG/Dolby Vision television or monitor.
    4kmedia.org

P.S.

did you realize that you put comment/issue in a thread dealing with special images from smp what are different from LE11 nightlies you're running ?

TL,DR, don't know what these special images *exactly* are for ...

running nightly and SAT-TV on an NUC8 [*] and all is fine here (apart when thunderstorm).

my shots into the dark:

1. what does "Continuity" counter show ?

login to the web-IF from TVH required => Tab "Status" (usually http://<the TVH-server-IP-addr-here>:9981/)

explanation: same Web-IF => menu bar => help

2 . does this also happen switching between two recorded TV streams or two movies with same codecs as the tv stream ?

P.S.

try to run the lastest nightly

[*]

assuming nuc's buildin media devices haven't changed much NUC8 => NUC11

crotale

your log isn't accessable without ubuntu pastebin log in !

is the NUC11 a new device (cause talking about an NUC5 first) ?

if so:

recheck your bios setting regarding audio.

on my nuc8 with audio jack I've two bios entries (HDMI and DSP something; the last is off) seems not the case for an NUC11TNHi3 (not audio jack)

running audio via hdmi through the headphone jack on the monitor (maybe a test scenario for you too, before running CEC stuff ?)

recheck if new bios available what maybe fixes a media device related bug

to me your journal looks sane.

It would be best to switch debug ON and provide a kodicrash.log after the crash occurred.

you need a reboot after switching debug on !

Log files

more to read:

https://wiki.libreelec.tv/support/log-files

I would be also good to know if

- all addon's are up to date ?

- the crash always happens with the same video ?

- you're running a local video or does it come from remote box (via LAN ? ) ?

P.S.

in one off the elder LE releases is was recommended NOT to only update the box.

A new install was prefered...

somebody ran out of patience and attacked original poster.

I'm convinced the "somebody" doesn't "attack original poster", but "attacks" the OPs wrong attitude what prevents to find the answer for his question(s) himself.

please learn to read the differences in the sentences ! 8)

doesn't come to any reaction

english isn't your native language, right ?

anyway:

what "reaction" is expected or what doesn't work after ghtester recommendation, e.g. is "tvhe-4.2-server gets stuck to sat2ip-stream" afterwards still a problem and only fixable via reboot ?

with ghtester recommendation you' ll just see - IIRC - that the button flip from "disable" to "enable and vice versa.

but in the background the services get restarted without any popup or such.

How can I reload tvhe-server & -client - preferable by remote control just for my wife....

as long as the issue isn't cleared, what's about: train your wife to reboot the box via remote (if that helps here)