Posts by MunkeyBalls

Trying to get LibreSpot (9.0.111) working on a S912 box with latest CoreElec (CoreELEC-S912.arm-8.90.2).

Everything is working fine except for the sound part.

I can select LibreSpot from the list of devices in the spotify app, and on CoreElec I see a song should be playing.

"Should be playing" because there is no audio coming out of my speakers :D

I've tried messing around with the configuration, tried all 3 options in the configuration, none works.(I am using HDMI btw)
    Also tried entering the configuration manually because I read somewhere the picker didn't work (so just wrote AMLM8AUDIO,DEV=0 or CARD=AMLM8AUDIO,DEV=0) but there's still no audio coming from LibreSpot.

And yes, I set the volume from the android app to max volume.

Anyone got any suggestions for what could be going wrong? (AHVI is enabled in CoreElec settings)

The box and DTB look identical to the Vorke Z6. Get the vorke-z6-vfd.conf file from here, place it in /storage/.config and rename the file to 'vfd.conf', then reboot the box.

It's working!

Currently it's showing the Ethernet icon (which is correct) and the time.

Setting colon always on works.

Play and pause icon works.

As soon as I hit advanced configuration everything is out of whack, it shows every possible icon and weird characters where the time should be.

But for me this is great!! Thanks for the help!!

First of all thanks a lot for your work!

I've recently bought a new S912 tvbox and installed CoreElec and am now trying to get the front LCD to work...

Here is the information you have requested:

1. Exact model and SoC version of your box.

Tictid X9T Pro Android 7.1 TV Box DDR3 3GB + 32GB eMMC/S912 Octa-core Processor 1000 m LAN/2.4G/5.8G WIFI Bluetooth 4.1 Smart TV Box Full HD 1080P/4 K

2. The DTB from the built-in Android. How to extract DTB from Android.

I tried the dd gzip command, but the zip file seems rather empty to me... Don't know if i'm doing it correctly, attached it to the post anyway

FYI, I ran the following command

CoreELEC:~/downloads # dd if=/dev/dtb | gzip > /storage/downloads/dtb.img.gz

0+0 records in

0+0 records out

0 bytes (0B) copied, 45.042491 seconds, 0B/s

Edit: I ran the command from android terminal and now it seems to work, attached the new file for you.

3. Which DTB you are using with LibreELEC.

I'm using CoreElec CoreELEC-S912.arm-8.90.2.img with gxm_q200_3g.dtb.

At first I tried the gxm_q201_3g.dtb (because higher number, must be better right ;) ) but the box wouldn't boot.
    If you know what the difference is between q201 and q200 I'd love to know.

4. Only if possible, I need to know what display controller chip your device has. You'd have to disassemble it, or find a review where it's disassembled. It's a chip found close by to the display, like this example (only make sure the text on the chip is visible or write it down)

Didn't take apart the box, and hesitant to do so at this moment.

If you need any more info let me know and thanks in advance!