Posts by dapharsyde

Hi all -

In addition to trying to work to out my LCD display issues on my 2018 Abox A1 Max with S905W chipset, I've noticed that 1080p Live TV stutters in 8.90, but not in 8.2.3. On 8.90, 720p Live TV works fine, as well as 1080p mkv video files - the system is right on the cusp of playing 1080p Live TV, but keeps buffering and stuttering.

Using the same add-on (MythTV Client) on a 8.2.3 build does not have this problem. Is there a new setting I missed in 8.90 that I need to get this working more smoothly?

UPDATE: If I record the 1080p mpeg2 file, playing the recording from the "TV" tab still experiences the stuttering. However, if I play the same mpeg2 file as a "Video" via the Emby add-on interface, there is no stuttering.

So it seems that this issue is specific to Live TV...Can anyone help with this?

UPDATE 2: Using the NextPVR plugin instead of MythTV, 1080p LiveTV works with no issues. This leads me to believe the problem is with the MythTV plugin, so I've opened up a new thread over there.

I just picked up an Abox A1 Max S905W, and tried both the gxl_p281_2g.dtb and gxl_p281_2g_tanixtx3.dtb files, but still can't get the LCD to display anything other than 'boot'. Wifi, video, and sound work fine so I know I'm on the right track, but it's just weird that the LCD panel doesn't work. Do I need a custom dtb file for this configuration and LCD panel? If so, how would I go about creating one? Many thanks in advance!