Posts by pawhtiobo

I tried that but it did not work, it seems the box with a missing reset switch has a different bootloader and it can not boot from either usb or sd card.
    What happend when I tried that option was that when it rebooted and started the recovery option it just tried to update the random selected file and then gave an error.
    This is not the first MXQ box that I have flashed, all other previous models with reset switch has worked with the other guides, this one is different. Perhaps all new boxes later than mxq905 20160420 v2.0 will have this issue?

Hi,

I also bought a OTT MXQ Pro 4k, my board says mxq_s905_v2_2 20160428 (green pcb), I using this ROM "905_MXQpro_aml_upgrade_package-20160530.rar" and the recovery button no longer works (as expected) after I flashed this upgrade using Amlogic Tools, it worked OK with the stock rom... I tried other similar ROMs and no luck, I never found the correct stock ROM for this model, and never found a way to fix the recovery button, to make it work as expected...the method of the zip file also don't work...I read in another forum that a guy suggested that the bootloader needs to be already patched inside the installation file to enable USB/SD boot, and that all other methods don't work with this box... In another forum they suggested this method, but didnt test it:

"Install TWRP-Recovery and flash OE or LE via TWRP.
    SD-Flash-Images usually contain a secondary .zip file, extract it. You will only need the secondary .zip file. (It must contain Meta-INF, System Folder,...etc. in root.)
    Go to google play and get "RASHR ROOT FLASH TOOL".
    Get TWRP-Recovery image for your device and flash it via RASHR TOOL.
    Now Boot into Recovery, wipe system, data, dalvik, cache partition and then install rom .zip from external USB."

Best regards,