Posts by nolimitz

Web ui should work, just put correct ip address of libreelec with aria2 in settings.

For command line downloads, i guess you should follow the manual of aria2 at, havent tried it though:

aria2c(1) — aria2 1.33.1 documentation

Check first basic option:

Code
    -d, --dir=<DIR>

Thank you nolimitz for detailed steps BUT still I can't figure it out.

After placing dir=/storage/downloads line in aria2.conf, my downloads still go to root directory. What I mean is that after downloading the file if I issue "ls -all" command (at LIBREELEC command prompt in SSH), my downloaded file shows up there and not in /storage/downloads. This has been my problem from beginning. No matter what directory I specify in aria2.conf file, download always go to root directory and not in /storage/downloads.

Could you tell my how to solve this?

Welcome.

After you added the line in aria2.conf , did you restart service?

Are you trying to download using web ui?

Can you show a screesnhot of the web ui?

I have managed to make web-ui working BUT still when I tried to download, it goes to /storage location. If I want to change download location to my external hard drive connected to Minix Neo U1, how can I do it?

I tried putting directory path in web-ui setting as /media/Seagate Backup Plus OR /var/media/Seagate Backup Plus, BUT downloads still goes to /storage location.

Am I missing something here?

using ssh, edit default aria2.conf

Code
    nano /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.aria2/aria2.conf

and add the following line:

Code
    dir=/storage/downloads

save aria2.conf (Ctrl+X to exit, then Y to save) and restart service:

Code
    systemctl restart service.aria2

creating an empty aria2.conf file, starts rpc fine, however, downloads cannot happen, default download dir if aria2.conf is empty is "/" and following is the error message:

"could not create new file or truncate existing file"

having the following line in aria2.conf file:

dir="/storage/downloads" changes the download directory, however, it also returns an error message :

"could not create directory"

Edit:

having the following line in aria2.conf file fixes the problem:

dir=/storage/downloads

" " were not required. now aria2 starts fine and downloads to the correct location which is accessible by Samba.

Use webui-aria2. According to its README.md:

Then download the webui, you can either do that by downloading this repository and running index.html in the browser. Or you could just head on to webui-aria2 and just start downloading files! After that you can also save it for offline use by saving from the browser save page as option.

Thanks, that worked.

How can we change default download location?

could you create folders at /storage/... ?

thanks for the reply, short answer: Yes.

long answer:

I have two users,

one for /media , that has two drives, both are NTFS volumes, both get permission denied if ftp client tries to create a Directory:

Code
    [15:38:42] [R] MKD test
    [15:38:42] [R] 550 test: Operation not permitted

the other user is for /storage , for which creating a Directory works fine

Code
    [15:40:04] [R] MKD test
    [15:40:04] [R] 257 "/downloads/test" - Directory successfully created
    [15:40:04] [R] PWD
    [15:40:04] [R] 257 "/downloads" is the current directory

hello there,

so i am running LibreELEC 8.2.2 on an Intel Core i5 Lenovo Laptop i have and i have installed ProFTPD addon. i have a 2TB NTFS hard disk connected to the USB of the Lenovo, i can create folders using Samba, however, if i try to create a folder using ftp client (Libreelec ProFTPD being the server), folders cannot be created, Permission Denied.

is there a way around this?

thanks,