Posts by chrisfetz

Hi!

I am quite new in the topic Kodi/libreelec and in this forum. So please forgive me, if I am asking stupid question or asking at the wrong place and simply show me a place to get the right information or tell me the right subforum to better ask,

My current state: I got a vdr based ReelBox in the past. Now I moved to a new house without a SAT infrastructure, only EtherNet everywhere and planned to replace this with a SatIP/maybe vdr or TVH/Kodi frontend solution. To play around and have a first idea about kodi, I've been using libreelec on a Raspi for some months now.

The plan ist to stay with libreelec on ARM based devices like Raspi or these chinese 25€ android boxes at place like bedroom, cellar,...

For the living room I'd like to have more like a media PC solution with a way to play audio CDs and DVDs or blueray.

For this I need advice for a proper hardware. My impression is, the time of the media PCs in a living room suited housing is over. Everyone only seems to be keen on NUC PCs but for these I don't know of a solution with CD/DVD/Blueray drives.

Any advice how to solve this? Are there still nice housings for maybe mini ITX boards with DVD/blueray slot?

I don't need a DVB-card in the PC as I got a SAT/IP server device at the attic. Only important thing is a EtherNet port, a high quality audio output for radio/CD, HDMI output. What about remote control? On the RasPi I am currently using a Bluetooth keyboard but due to Linux issues this solution is not the best option currently (on Windows based system it is simply working).

BTW: what about blueray? Is there a solution on Linux and/or Kodi systems?

I hope, I did not forget about important things.....

Thank you very much in advance for ideas of any kind.

Regards,

Christoph

I am sorry, I need a little linux coaching in this case.

How can I selectively disable the onboard device and work with the Riitek dongle? I only found how to disable Bluetooth completely in the Libreelec Addon of kodi.

I know putty, I know what a shell is, I know vi, so you don't need to explain every detail.

Hi,

I am using the current libreelec version on a raspi 3. Last week I bought a Riitek mini i8+ Bluetooth remote keyboard. That keyboard works nicely with an HP laptop using windows 10 (onboard Bluetooth interface, not Riitek dongle) so I don't think there are issues with the i8 itself.

Using the keyboard with libreelec on the raspi (onboard Bluetooth, not the Riitek dongle) I have the following issues:

- sticking keys, e.g. when I try to navigate, the focus doesn't stop, it keeps moving

- when the riitek goes to standby the connection to the raspi is not rebuild after wakeup. I need to do a reconnect in the libreelec-Addon of kodi. On Windows 10 that works perfectly well.

If you need additional information like logs, or if if helps I might create a video that shows the behaviour, please let me know.

Any suggestions how to fix this?

Many thanks in advance,

regards,

Christoph