Posts by skurty

Hello,

I've installed LE on a RPi 3 for my uncle and I would like to send him some files with rsync. As I didn't installed the "network-tools" addon before and he's not a LE professional, is it possible for me to install it by SSH?

Thank you :)

Hello,

I've bought a Minix U9 (thanks to wrxtazy for the help to choose) where I've installed the last Libreelec for a Panasonic TX-50CX700E TV.

By default, the resolution is 1080p at 60Hz. When I watch a video at 1080p/24Hz, the interface and video are a little cropped on the right and left. There is no problem for the other videos in 1080p/50Hz, 1080p60Hz or 2160p.

I tried to set the resolution to 1080p/24Hz (or other refresh rate) but still the same problem.

If I set the resolution to 2160p/24Hz, the interface/video in 1080p/24Hz are not cut. But some video that should take all the screen have black bands at top and bottom (not displayed with the 1080p resolution).

The calibration video is always correct with the corners well aligned.

Before, I had Libreelec on a RPI 3 with the 1080p/60Hz resolution without cropping in the 1080p/24Hz videos.

Why the video and interface are cropped while playing 1080p/24Hz videos on the Minix U9?

Why the full screen 1080p videos have black bands with the 2160p resolution?

Also, in the resolution settings, I have the "1080p" option twice, is it normal? Where is the difference?

How solve these problems and what resolution and refresh rate should I use?

Thank you for your help :)

Hi everyone,

I have a Panasonic TX-50CX700E (4K non HDR) with LE on a RPI3 and a NAS to watch movies in 1080p. It works well but I would like to take full advantage of my TV and watch 4K movies.

I tried to download several 4K HDR movies and launch them directly on the TV. Results: most of them were not working, I could only see a frame from time to time. And only one worked but the file had faded colors compared to the same movie in 1080p (normal?).

Why my TV cannot properly read a 4K MKV file with the included media center?

With a product like the ODROID C2, could I read all 4K MKV movies (HDR or non HDR)?

Is it a good idea to invest and will I see a real difference?

How a 4K HDR movie will render on my TV?

Is the ODROID C2 is the best option for me?

Thank you a lot for your help :)