Posts by JohnDoe2000

Hi all,

I want to do the following. When I am on vacation I'd like to take a HDD USB and my Rpi with me. If there is no HDMI TV in the apartment, I want to connect my smartphone or tablet to a 5GHz AP on the new Pi.

So I created an AP with LiblreELEC. Not a problem but on a first test the connection speed was only 72mbps and the movies are always stopping. I think, that the AP of the Pi (Libreelec 8.2.5 and latest Leia Version) is not supporting the 5g network. Is it possible to create a AP with forced 5GHz?

Thankful for any idea.

regards

Hi all,

a few mouth ago I installed LibreELEC on a rPi2 and connected a USB wifi adapter (EDIMAX EW-7612UAN Version 2) with it to enable a access point. I used it to watch movies on a tablet connected with the access point on vacation. Everything worked with a charm.

Now approximately a half year later I want to do the same again but either openELEC nor libreELEC (wich is my favorite) works. When I enable the AP option in the libreELEC settings I see the progress circle and after a few seconds the option is still disabled.

I tested rPi2 and 3 (buid in wifi works but is to slow for hi res videos) with LibreELEC 8.2.3, the latest 9.0 milhouse build and with openELEC 7.01 and 8.0.4. I cannot enable the AP for the edimax usb dongle.

Can anybody help me? Anybody with the same problem? Is there a "hidden" configuration wich I have to edit? ...?

Dongle:

Edimax EW-7612UAN V2 300 Mbit: Amazon.de: Computer & Zubehör

Kind regards,

John

Edit:

Normal usage like internet connection / connection to an existing wifi network with the dongle works fine.