Posts by RvVNL

Thanks for sharing your experiences! Good to hear that you have got LE working properly on the H96 pro. And I guess the S905 may be a better choice than the S912 in terms of heat.

Too bad about the wifi, though; did it have issues straight out of the box, or only after running LE?

I saw a thread on FreakTab where people reported wifi was working fine. Also, someone added a fan and put the wifi antenna outside the dongle, link. So perhaps the problem is specific to your unit, or to conflicts between the unit and LE...

If anyone has managed to run LE on a H96 stick AND having proper wifi I will be more confident trying the same (but perhaps I should first buy a TV... ! ;)

Thanks again & cheers

Hi all,

wrxstasy kindly directed me from the Kodi forums to this thread. I currently use Kodi to stream hd content on a macbook pro but am now looking to buy a TV. The TV wil probably be 4k capable and can run netflix etc natively but I would also like to run Kodi. As far as I understand it, Kodi will not run reliably on any smart TV OS. Therefore, I am looking for some hardware that can run Kodi natively and connect to the tv via hdmi. I plan to send the audio from the tv to amplifier using bluetooth.

The thing is that I also want to have a relatively discreet and portable setup with minimal wires. It should be able to be powered from a TV usb port, but at the same time have reliable wifi connection (perhaps using a dual input usb cord could help generate enough power?). I would be happy using the Kodi remote app as a controller. Something like an Amazon Fire TV Stick seems ideal, but that does not run Kodi natively. I don't care for Android OS. From wrxstasy and others I have learned that Kodi runs very well with LibreElec on AMlogic devices so I am now looking at various AMlogic 'stick/dongle' hardware options, such as:

H96 Pro TV Dongle Android 7 Amlogic S912 2/8GB BT4.1 H.265 4K Stick (also available with 16G ROM)

Geniatech ATV195X S905X Quad Core Stick (not sure where to buy this, though)

UGOOS AM2-8gb-Amlogic-S905 (external wifi antenna looks reassuring)

Coowell V5 Android 6 TV Stick 1G/8G (maximedoreon on freaktab claims to have it run LE satisfactorily: link)

My question is whether anyone has successfully run LibreElec on such AMlogic 'stick/dongle' hardware and if it worked stably or had any power/thermal/wifi issues?

Thanks in advance for any advice you may have.

Cheers