Posts by misctempacc

Web ui should work, just put correct ip address of libreelec with aria2 in settings.

For command line downloads, i guess you should follow the manual of aria2 at, havent tried it though:

aria2c(1) — aria2 1.33.1 documentation

Check first basic option:

Code
    -d, --dir=<DIR>

Thank you nolimitz for guiding me on this matter. Appreciate your time.

However after trying all different options, I can't get it to work. Webui simply doesn't connect. No matter what I do, command line commands always downloads to /storage location instead of /storage/Downloads.

I have even tried this docker aria2webui . Nothing works.

Therefore, I tried different option of using pyload by installing it on Asus router. It is working for my needs.

Thanks to Thoradia for these addons. :)

Welcome.

After you added the line in aria2.conf , did you restart service?

Are you trying to download using web ui?

Can you show a screesnhot of the web ui?

After you added the line in aria2.conf , did you restart service? - Yes I did.

Are you trying to download using web ui? - No. For some reasons I can't get webui to get it to connect aria2c. I am using command line commands to download stuff using Putty. Command I am using to download is aria2c "http address" (see screenshot 2)

Can you show a screesnhot of the web ui? Please see attached screenshots. Screenshot (1) is ls -all command before downloading anything. Screenshot (2) is aria2c "http adress" command which shows download location as "/storage/filename" NOT "/storage/downloads/file name" as mentioned in my arai2.conf dir location. (For your information, my aria2.conf has only one line which is dir=/storage/downloads).

Screenshot (3) shows ls -all command result after downloading the file which shows file has downloads to /storage location and NOT /storage/downloads location.

***Website on screenshot is legal music site to download music.

using ssh, edit default aria2.conf

Code
    nano /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.aria2/aria2.conf

and add the following line:

Code
    dir=/storage/downloads

save aria2.conf (Ctrl+X to exit, then Y to save) and restart service:

Code
    systemctl restart service.aria2

Thank you nolimitz for detailed steps BUT still I can't figure it out.

After placing dir=/storage/downloads line in aria2.conf, my downloads still go to root directory. What I mean is that after downloading the file if I issue "ls -all" command (at LIBREELEC command prompt in SSH), my downloaded file shows up there and not in /storage/downloads. This has been my problem from beginning. No matter what directory I specify in aria2.conf file, download always go to root directory and not in /storage/downloads.

Could you tell my how to solve this?

Download to /storage/downloads

There is a web-ui for aria2 here

I have managed to make web-ui working BUT still when I tried to download, it goes to /storage location. If I want to change download location to my external hard drive connected to Minix Neo U1, how can I do it?

I tried putting directory path in web-ui setting as /media/Seagate Backup Plus OR /var/media/Seagate Backup Plus, BUT downloads still goes to /storage location.

Am I missing something here?

I am adding aria2 as a service.

The service starts if /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.aria2/aria2.conf exists.

To enable aria2 rpc: create aria2.conf and restart the service, eg

Code
    nano /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.aria2/aria2.conf

To disable aria2 rpc: delete aria2.conf and restart the service, eg

Code
    rm /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.aria2/aria2.conf

Thank you for this very useful addons.

I have a problem configuring aria2 on my minix neo U1. I am running Libreelec on micro sd card on U1.

After starting aria2 service, if I start a sample download, it display download progress and shows completed download location which is /storage/filename.

Now I can't see this file in windows 10 by typing \\192.168.1.xxx in windows explorer. I can see all other Libreelec folders and files but not /storage/filename.

Also, if I want to change download location to my external hard drive connected to U1 usb port, how can I do that?

Appreciate any help on this issues.