Posts by honolulu1

I'm trying to access the box via windows network environment but it won't show me the LibreElec Network device although it is connected to my routers network output and name and IP are shown by my router. LAN access and SSH are activated in my libreElec settings and connection via SSH is working too.
    What do I have to do? I'd like to make a backup of my gen.xml before updating to build 011.

Edit: Don't know what I did but now LibreElec shows up in my Network devices.

I played two short DTS-HR 7.1 samples from demo-world.eu. My Onkyo AVR showed DTS-HR on its screen and all channels sounded OK.

As I understand you are using this build (11) ? So you haven't used (9) and seen the problem I described? Because every single DTSHD-HR movie is doing this DTS core extraction and I want to be sure before updating because I would have to do all my configurations again which would take me hours.

I'm still using " 7.0.3.009" on my Mini M8S II and I wondered if the passthrough issue has been mentioned or even resolved in this build or the previous one.
    Dolby TrueHD and DTSHD Master Audio are send correctly to my Denon AVRX1200WBKE2 but I have an issue with DTSHD High Resolution because only the DTS core is send to my AVR. Using my WD TV Streaming Media Player the same file shows DTSHD HR correctly on the display.
    Has there been made progress I missed out reading about?

It took me a while to figure that gen.xml out but now I understand how it works an what kodis keymap editor does to it. You where right, it's realy confusing but I ended up using it anyway and now I've mapped everything I wanted.
    I don't need more buttons than that but It might be helpfull to others if you could offer a code for another remote control than the pivos xios ds that has even more buttons. The pivos has 42 I think. Including the favourites buttons 1-5 on my Harmony 350 I could theoretically map 48 buttons.
    The one or other person might want to map them all. Could be a nice addition to this tutorial.
    Think about it.

So mostly everything runs very well on my Mini M8S II but there are a few tweaks I'd like to mention because it might affect some people.

- A wired ethernet connection sometimes wouldn't function after startup. In Libreelec Addon it would say connection is OK but no internet or network connection to a computer would be possible until I restart one or even a few times. WLAN worked without problems so far although it's very slow at about 11-14 MBit/s but I think that is a hardware limitation.
    - With SPDIF Dolby TrueHD Atmos sound is converted to 2 channel sound but center is missing so I hear no dialogues. The AC3 passthrough isn't working correctly. My AVR can handle AC3 and DTS so I deactivated DTSHD and TrueHD in passthrough settings but I still have this bug.
    - On brightness settings lower than 50 the whole screen is lighting up like in extreme gamma settings.
    - Navigation is a bit tripping. Nothing serious but if you hold right or left to scroll through you movie library it's not as smooth as on my windows computer. Also if you open a window it would start to open then get stuck for maybe half a second and then continue opening. It's not that bad but still a little visual bug.

I hope that helps making this OS even more perfect and if some of this issues are resolveld already and I just missed out the solution I gladly stand corrected.

<keymap><home><keyboard><key id="61489">activatewindow(videos,tvshowtitles )</key></keyboard></home><global><keyboard><key id="61656">contextmenu</key><key id="61623">play</key><key id="61623">pause</key><key id="61623">playpause</key><key id="61660">stop</key><key id="61625">fastforward</key><key id="61624">rewind</key><key id="61585">osd</key><key id="61448">fullscreen</key><key id="61585">info</key></keyboard></global><osdvideosettings><keyboard><key id="61585">info</key></keyboard></osdvideosettings><fullscreenvideo><keyboard><key id="61585">info</key></keyboard></fullscreenvideo></keymap>

Now do I just replace "61448">fullscreen< with "61448">back< or "61448>backspace< ?
    [hr]
    OK it was the first one and now it finally works.

DEBUG: Keyboard: scancode: 0x0e, sym: 0x0008, unicode: 0x0008, modifier: 0x0 17:51:47 T:548261658624
    DEBUG: OnKey: backspace (0xf008) pressed, action is back

Thanks for the help. And can I use the KODI keymap editor addon now to quickly remap some buttons or would it mess something up?

OK, here is the pastebin debug.log of the last actions. I pressed at 16:47 and at 16:48

Thread JobWorker 547901927648 terminating (autodelete) 16:46:34 T:548338131168 - Pastebin.com

I thought it might have something to do with cec so I completely deactivated it and got following line without the error:

DEBUG: Keyboard: scancode: 0x0e, sym: 0x0008, unicode: 0x0008, modifier: 0x0
    17:01:15 T:547827302400 DEBUG: OnKey: backspace (0xf008) pressed, action is fullscreen
    17:01:15 T:547827302400

Still no backspace happend when pressing it. The difference to your DEBUG is "action is Back", so what does action is fullscreen mean and why does it do that instead of back?
    [hr]

or to stop Exit taking you straight to the homescreen from your video library and video files:

What file name and extension is needed for the file I create and paste the above code in? And where do I put that file? \\LIBREELEC\Storage\.config\rc_keymaps or \\LIBREELEC\Configfiles\rc_keymaps?

Nope. Tried to to add the pivos again to my harmony devices and leave everything on default eccept I had to map the return command to my exit botton because it isn't mapped at all on default.
    All delays on default and even deleted the keymap editor addon in KODI to make shure it wasn't messing with any settings.
    Because I have a Harmony 350 for some devices I have to press the device button for 2 seconds to select it so put the pios on two device slots (short press and long press) to avoid any crossing commands.
    Still the same result. I don't know if I can maybe write a seperate keymap and map alle the buttons manualy. Could that work and if yes how do I do that? I already altered my keyboard.xml on the KODI run on my windows pc but I don't really know how to do that in Libreelec.

I think the backspace button is missing because now I have mapped every button in my harmony with one of pivos remote buttons but none of them allows me to move backwards in any KODI menu.
    One of them must be mapped with the key id "

Code

" for backspace and your description says it would be the button "Return", but it doesn't work.

And further you say "

Code
    Buttons with a * are not mapped to physical buttons on the harmony.

" But at first addition of the pivos remote to myharmony the backspace-return button that in your list has no * wasn't mapped to a harmony button so I did that myselve but it is still not working.

EDIT: weird is if I'm in my movie library and hold the return button for one second it goes back to main menu and when I hold it for one second in main menu the shut down menu comes up like pressing "s" on a keyboard.

Regarding the issue with missing colour deapth on old TVs like my LG 42PC52 Plasma TV, is there a chance to add some resolutions I might pick in KODI? I found out that I need either 1280x768 or 1360x768 for my TV to show realy dark black colours but these Libreelec builds only let me select standard 1080p and 720p resolutions.

That's great, I'll try it out this weekend. I just haven't figured out how to enter the internal storage of my box from my windows computer to put the remote.conf there.
    And also could you maybe post a list what button name of the original pivos xios ds remote resembles which key id? That way I wouldn't have to try out again and again putting a command to a specific button using myharmony.

You might have to set up your speaker konfiguration in KODI to 5.1 for every file you play because of SPDIF. Lots of AVR can't read AAC and the Z5500 doesn't eiter. You have to set up KODI to decode 7.1 Audiio by itselve and not pass it through to your sound system.

You could maybe try tomething. I don't know if any of the previous builds of Lebreelec for s905 contain the older KODI 15.2 version but if they do I would try one of them.
    I once tried updating KODI on my x64 machine from 15.2 to 16.1 Jarvis and no matter what resolution I chose, I always got the greyish black color range you were talking about. So I switched back to 15.2. These latest Libreelec builds are all using KODI 16.1 Jarvis and if you use the 7.9 alpha versions that are using KODI 17 Krypton that itselve is still in beta phase, I think that issue isn't resolved and probably never will be if nobody cares about users of elderly TVs.

So with mine and your TV it might even have nothing to do with this box or this OS but only with KODIs way of developement.

Yeah, same thing here. I have an old plasma TV that shows realy deep black and on my x64 windows pc KODI shows realy deep black colors only on certain resolutions I pick. If I pick the wrong one black becomes greyish too. Its the same when I use 720p/60Hz on my s905x device running Libreelec 7.0.2.009. With my TV I need to select 1360x768 for perfect colors which I can't select here.
    I've noticed that new TVs with 1080p don't have that issues and apparently these boxes aren't exactly made for old ones like mine.
    My advise: keep running x86 or x64 mashines like intel NUC on your TV or buy a new one if deep colours are important to you.
    Sorry but I've tried a lot to fix this and can't see any other way.

Btw, I don't think it's about the video range 16-235 because if I mess with that setting the black -> grey is getting way more heavier than this.