Posts by velqn

Hello guys,

so I am running latest stable LibreELEC 8.2.3 on a Rpi3. Using 16gb SanDisk class 10 sd card. No issues at all. Bought mpeg2 and VC1 codes, installed and running. BUT when I try to play a 25-35 GB mkv - here comes the issues.

I know they are a lot of changes on the Samba implementation, but believe me - I have tried many options.

So the issue is - when I play a bigger FHD mkv file 35GB, it lags, buffers and etc. File added through manual SAMBA path. File stored on Zyxel NSA325v2 NAS. Both Rpi3 and NAS are connected to 1GB LAN.

Thing is - when I play the same MKV through upnp - NO ISSUES - runs smooth. Issue is you cannot use scrappers via upnp.

I am using LibreELEC also on a Amlogic S912 box (H96+ pro) where I do not have any issues at all with Samba. Android Box is 1gb eth, and the Rpi3 is 100mbit.

But still 100mbit should be sufficient and it plays quite well via upnp. I am out of ideas. Tried to update the samba deamon on my Zyxel NAS, as it is 3.5.6, and it supports SMB1 only, but SMB2 wont help with speed I guess.

Any ideas?