Posts by kjack9

I didn't know that MCH = multichannel - if that's the case then my question is answered, thank you!

Getting my Minix U9-H in tomorrow, hopefully all goes well. I will report my own findings back running on my old Onkyo TX-SR606.

For anyone Google'ing in the future - LibreELEC on a MINUX U9-H supports multichannel PCM over HDMI without problems.

Thanks everyone for their help.

Hi there,

I am trying to create an interactive startup script for LibreELEC. Specifically, I want to mount a folder using sshfs with password authentication (not key auth).

I tried adding my commands to autostart.sh, but it looks like that is run in the background and Kodi gets started without prompting the user. Is there any way to execute a script with an interactive password input BEFORE Kodi gets started?

Thanks for your help!

-KJack

All my Minix U9 tests in previous post were using LibreElec. MCH = multichannel all audio only PCM (from FLAC). I tried 4.0, 5.0 and 5.1 as long as you limit sampling to 48KHz then all ok.

I didn't try 7.1 apologies. Will try later today and post here.

The interesting thing (for me) is my Denon AVR only plays Quad (4.0) PCM/FLAC if I set Kodi to 'Fixed' - 'Optimised' and 'Best Match' only produce stereo. That looks like a Kodi bug.

I didn't know that MCH = multichannel - if that's the case then my question is answered, thank you!

Getting my Minix U9-H in tomorrow, hopefully all goes well. I will report my own findings back running on my old Onkyo TX-SR606.

Thanks for your report, Garry. I understand that the sample rate is limited, good to know for sure.

The thing I'm especially worried about is PCM with more than 2 channels. I know in the Android firmware for the Minix U9-H, PCM is software limited to stereo only, apparently due to licensing issues. I'm hoping that LibreELEC will have 5.1/7.1 PCM capability. Can you tell me if that's possible on your box?

Thanks!

-KJack

I just completed setting up my Minix U9-H on using my PC screen and will move to my home theatre system later today and will post my findings. I have a heap of quad, 5.1 and 7.1 FLACs at various sample rates from 44.1kHz to 192kHz mostly 24bit but some 16bit. Fingers crossed.

Awesome, looking forward to your results. My Linux ISOs are a combo of FLAC and Opus, so multichannel PCM is a requirement!