Posts by buky

No, it does not have anything to do with HEVC requirements, it is an undervoltage warning, see Under-voltage warnings - Raspberry Pi Forums

It used to be a rainbow square icon, but it has been replaced with a yellow lightning bolt icon in more recent versions. Bad USB connections with the power charger can also produce this.

You cannot use just any power supply. For RPi2 (RPi3) you need a power brick that can provide constantly a 2Amp (2.5Amp respectively) supply current. Having a supply that simply states 5V/2A doesn't simply cut it; I've seen a lot of power supplies (even brand ones) not being able to cope with the power needs of an RPi...

On early version of Libreelec i get this symbol everythime i played video with HEVC

this appeared only with HEVC X265 files, with any other video like X264 the symbol is not there.

I assume this is replaced with yellow bolt.

This is strange, because those symbols never appeared on early version of libreelec.

I got this since last two updates.

My pi 3 is using nexus 10 tablet charger and it worked like charm.

So it seems i have to replace power supply.

I get some yellow lighting bolt symbol sometimes on upper right corner.

It started since last update of Libreelec 8.2.3.

I never had this on early version of Libreelec.

Tried to change other power supply and cable but that didnt helped much.

If i try to play HEVC video file, this bolt is alway there. I assume that is because raspberry pi has no hevc chip, so the prozessor is struggling with decoding. I understand that.

But this lighting bolt appears sometimes even if i'm going through the menu's.

Is this a heat problem?

I just ordered some heatsink. Maybe it help.