Posts by Ramalama

Exactly, i need GCC 11 for znver3, it will get now backported to GCC 10 too, but i started this already longer ago.

This means i have to compile with:

PROJECT=Generic ARCH=x86_64 TARGET_CPU="core2" BUILD_PERIODIC=RR BUILDER_NAME=$LE_Branch make image

or

PROJECT=Generic TARGET_CPU="core2" BUILD_PERIODIC=RR BUILDER_NAME=$LE_Branch make image

Because in my logic, if i set the first with ARCH, TARGET_CPU will get overwritten xD

I will continue tomorrow, its get's late here and my environment isn't done atm.

But i made a small repository in the meantime that will get updated with time:

Libreelec-RR-Scripts/libreelec-rr.sh at main · Ramalama2/Libreelec-RR-Scripts (github.com)

Thank you very much for help!

See you tomorrow :thumbup:

The first one is amazing.

But:

LibreELEC-RR/arch.x86_64 at master-rr · SupervisedThinking/LibreELEC-RR · GitHub

will get overwritten by:

LibreELEC-RR/options at master-rr · SupervisedThinking/LibreELEC-RR · GitHub

However, the default flags with sse2 etc will get applied anyway, as you made them default.

So basically the Atom D2550 has full support, as the highlight of that processor is anyway only sse2 xD

However, im using (my old compiler VM) which is a debian hirsute (+experimental repo), as it provides gcc 11... (need that vm for another compiling project...)

But i think it's too new for this task, will try ubuntu 20.04 as the wiki recommends (elec wiki).

Just don't want to go with Mint, cause there are no LXC containers available.

Because i get already errors, but this error is looking like not an compiler fault:

Code
    ../coreconf/config.mk:138: CPU_ARCH is not x86_64, disabling -mavx2
    make[2]: *** No rule to make target 'clean'.  Stop.
    make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/compiler/LibreelecRR/build.LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-10.0-devel/build/nss-3.60.1/nss/config'
    make[1]: *** [coreconf/rules.mk:44: config] Error 

But you can check yourself, i've added the logfile.

Im going to setup in the meantime the Ubuntu 20.04 environment.

Something else, im making a simple small script, for anyone that is interrested in xow, basically it's will be just an dumb execute script that will do in the end everything.

Atm, there isn't anything helpfull in it, but i will provide the final version once i had success xD

Here is the Proof of Concept dumb script:

Cheers

Didn't camed today sadly to build. The environment is a no brainer, just need to setup an vm/lxc on proxmox.

Will do this tomorrow and report 🙈

About xpadneo/xow, xpadneo is just a kernel module as far i understand, xow is pretty much just a systemd service, that maps raw inputs over libusb as far i understand.

i used both already, there is nothing to configure. Or nothing i know of at least 🙈

just that on one the service runs and on the other that the module is loaded. So it's both basically just compile and no gui etc is needed.

Thank you very much for your effort!

i think the only hint i probably need is just to know if i can somewhere define O3 and march flags, but i guess that goes into PROJECT_CFLAGS=""

Just didn't seen it in the wiki 🙈

Thank you for the hint with the nonfree packages!

Wish me luck, i will definitively reply how it goes tomorrow 🙈

Cheers

Well only few cores have proper vulkan renderer support so I would stick to GL unless it's absolutely necessary to switch. I thought you're have had trouble with PSX games but if it works fine never touch a running system.

tl:dr xpad - yes / xow - no

I've already created a xpadneo package & all upcoming builds should contain at least the Linux kernel driver module. Since I don't own Xbox controllers I can't test them & so I need some feedback what's working, if they are working, and what not. Technically I could add a xow package but I can't distribute it due to retarded licenses: Microsoft Terms of Use | Intellectual Property

Unless otherwise specified, the Services are for your personal and non-commercial use. You may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any information, software, products or services obtained from the Services.

So even if I add a package you would still have to compile the image on your own after you've enabled non-free packages. Unless xow changes it's build process and loads the firmware at runtime I'm not allowed to ship the firmware in my packages.

Makes absolutely sense.

I knew about the driver and absolutely forgot about it. Thanks for the recherche.

The wiki is already very well documented about compiling myself, will try that out now. And in general rr sse2 version runs amazingly well on an super old super crappy zotac id84 at fhd.

I try to make the build receipt and compile it today with xow.

Thanks for the reply 👍

Is it possible to integrate xow?

GitHub - medusalix/xow: Linux driver for the Xbox One wireless dongle

This would be actually amazing to play with the Elite Controller over the dongle.

Here are some guys, that made a Build recipe for xpadneo, maybe it helps for xow xD

MisterT
    February 8, 2019 at 2:04 AM

Actually having both would be awesome too. xpadneo provides rumble and everything else for bluetooth controllers and xow has adapter support. The normal libreelec xbox one controller support is pretty dissapointing, no rumble etc...

If thats possible, it would be actually amazing for a lot of people that uses emulators or especially moonlight :)

Thank you :)

Hi :)

On Libreelec Stable 7.0.2 Sleep/Standby works without any problems,
    but on the last beta it's broken.

If you put it to sleep/standby, you get a black screen with a stroke on top left corner (it's not blinking)
    and system is freezed, i need to hardreset the box (power off/on)

I can SSH in to the box for dmesg log, but i dont know how to get dmesg from last boot, if anyone needs logs...

However on LE Stable, everything is working!

Is there anything i can provide?

There is an other bug with Chromium 7.0.100 / 8.0 addon...
    If you enable nvidia hardware acceleration, you get an blinking/flashing cursor,
    with intel acceleration / amd acceleration (other devices) this doesnt happen, just with nvidia...
    I know this bug doesnt related here, but if there is a possibility to update/tweak nvidia driver, this would be awesome!

Specs:
    Zotac Zbox ID84
    CPU: Intel Atom D2550
    GPU: Nvidia 520M
    RAM: 4GB
    WD320GB HDD
    BIOS: 2K130509 = 218P008 (Latest / There is only one)

Cheers :)