Posts by maha

there are no py3 binaries at the LE image, py3 is only used at buildtime as some tools use it there (meson ...)

That I didn't know. In fact, I am using CoreELEC (LE fork) at the moment and this would have been among the least expected differences between the two. CE do seem to package Python3 binaries for some reason. My bad that I didn't ask there before.

In any case, if you ever plan to package Python3, please enable xz/lzma :)

Thanks for your help.

maha Simply insert SD card with LE9 and reboot. After running LE from SD/USB you box will look for an OS on SD card and USB drives before booting from internal.

Well, I am currently running LE from internal and it continues to do so even after inserting the SD card. Would I notice if the boot process skipped a corrupt image? Perhaps I made a mistake when flashing the SD card.

First of all I'd like to thank all contributors that helped making installation of LibreELEC on my Z69 box an almost boring experience :) What can I say, everything Just Works(TM). All my remotes (Yamaha AV receiver, Samsung Smart Touch) are functional without any tinkering.

However, I have been naughty and installed LibreELEC to internal memory (all still working fine, no worries, and quite a bit faster).

For giggles I'd like to boot the exerimental 9.x builds from the vacant SD card. But how do I tell LibreELEC to do that? There is a rebootfromnand command but no corresponding rebootfromsd. I have a few ideas what to try but am a bit worried to brick the box. Any official guidelines?

Thanks