Posts by Jogee

This way i only have to share 1 folder (Film) and 1 folder (TV). The share is working well on all my other windows PC's or laptops in the house.

Yes i can add the 30 HDD's one by one from libreelec and set the content to all one by one but this post is to avoid all this.

You are not going to be able to use Windows Shortcuts like that to get samba (i.e. Kodi/Libreelec if you prefer) to include those paths in that one folder you are sharing. Those .lnk files (the shortcuts you made) are Windows Explorer extensions, not file system extensions. Samba doesn't interpret them, as you have proven.

It is possible to create symbolic links in Windows, but that has its own problems and issues. Especially if you haven't used them before. I don't know if using them that way will work as a redirector to your supermicro share. Even if it did, you would still need appropriate permissions setup on the supermicro shared folder/drive, not just the link in the folder you created.

There are ways to combine multiple hard drives into a single volume in Windows, which you can Google. Unix/Linux can do this with mounting the devices to the path you want. Neither of those are really topics for these forums, in my opinion.

I'm not trying to be rude, but your options as I understand things:

1. add the shares individually to Kodi as sources
    2. see what options there are available to consolidate the hard drives under a single volume or mount point on the OS of your supermicro rack

That's why I asked more info about your supermicro server rack and how it is setup. But even that is arguably beyond scope of these forums -- I'll defer to a moderator here if I'm wrong.

I don't know anything about your supermicro server rack, but is there any reason why you cannot add the network shares directly from Kodi as individual sources?

You would have to set the content on a lot of folders this way, but it's more straight forward and would go directly to the server.

Unless your server has some way to consolidate all the shares under one share, you would have to add the shares individually.

Knowing more about your server rack would help. Adding links to your Win10 computer under one folder is NOT the way to do it.

A Google search comes up with a lot of people having problems with getting the S/PDIF to work in Linux on that nForce4 audio. Here is one example: Optical Audio Output for Nforce 4 (IEC958) sound card | AVS Forum

But one thing that has been assumed is that the onboard audio can passthrough AC3 or DTS. It's not a given. And that audio appears to be AC'97, not the newer high definition audio. Not knowing your exact hardware I couldn't confirm if AC3 is technically supported. Yes, I know you said you had it working before.

Since you get some sound now, have you tried turning off the passthrough option in Kodi and testing to see if something DD or DTS plays audio? I'm presuming it will now.

I'm not very Linux savvy, so excuse me if you already tried the stuff noted here for nForce4 digital output: Alsa Opensrc Org - Independent ALSA and linux audio support site

I'm not fully versed in reading Kodi logs, but from what I can tell in the log you posted the audio output device you have set is the analog part, not the S/PDIF. You can see the enumerated devices in your log, just look for "Enumerated ALSA devices". The one that got chosen is listed where it says "CActiveAESink::OpenSink - ALSA Initialized:"

Set your Audio Output Device (Settings/System/Audio) to the S/PDIF labelled one. Possibly labelled something like "NVidia CK804" or "NVidia CK804 - IEC958 S/PDIF". Set your Passthrough Output Device to the same one.

Use the audio quickstart guide on Kodi's wiki page to help with setting things appropriately.

If you are not getting appropriate options on those two output device settings then you've got other issues I'm not smart enough to help with.

Good luck.