Posts by jaykass

i did the same, resize the system partition.

But now, i have a new problem, this time with emulationstation. when i do a scraper, the info of a game was downloaded well, info and picture. but when i exit and reload it the info isn't neither of both.
    In the path, "/storage/.config/emulationstation/downloaded_images" the images previously downloaded is still there.
    But the folder gamelist and the files gamelist.xml, I can not find where this or even better if you are there, why not create it?

Greetings.

PS: Sorry for the language , this translated with google .

try removing '--ignore-gamelist' from /storage/.config/emulationstation/emulationstation.conf

Screensaver working fine here, both on RPi and Generic with bluetooth enabled.

As for your PR's, I had to redo them as the zip extension was only added for one platform (i support generic and rpi), the commits were not properly named and the controller PR had unsquashed commits which also contained indenting changes. Also I've rebased since you created them.

Sorry about the PRs, I'm new to GitHub and barely know what I'm doing there. Just want to help since this project is exactly what I've been looking for, for a long time.

As for the Bluetooth, maybe it's related to internal pi3 BT. If I recall correctly, you are using a pi2.

20160828:

- Fix for joystick.peripheral in beta1
    - Add beetle-wswan-libretro
    - Downgrade uae4arm to working version and use SDL
    - Add unclutter service (always hides mouse pointer)

I've done some spring cleaning in a few packages and compiled statically here and there. This is also a full rebuild so let me know if there's any issues.

Awesome! It looks like the 20160828 build fixed 3 issues I was having:
    LibreELEC settings addon has skin issue (Fixed in 20160828 build)
    Cannot configure a gamepad (Fixed in 20160828 build)
    Periodic lag related to weather icons not being found in texture DB (Fixed in 20160828 build)

The only issue that remains for me is the screensaver not working properly when bluetooth is enabled. It appears to be tied to some powersave function upon start of the screensaver.

Additionally, I create a couple simple pull requests for adding zip extensions for genesis and an 8bitdo SNES30 controller config for emulationstation.

All in all, my setup is coming along very nicely thanks to you, escalade. Below are a few issues I am having, though I believe these are all LibreELEC and Kodi related...not the fault of your build.

Issues I'm having right now (using 20160825 rpi2/3 build):
    Screensaver will not work when bluetooth is enabled (work around=disable bluetooth)
    LibreELEC settings addon has skin issue (work around=be very careful to estimate what item is highlighted)
    Cannot configure a gamepad (I believe Milhouse builds may have an updated addon for this, 20160822)
    Periodic lag related to weather icons not being found in texture DB (work around=remove weather from home)

chrima

That is some excellent googling my man, looks very likely to be the issue as I use -O2 optimization in my build compared to the regular LE releases. I'll be testing that right now Been spending a lot of time looking through all my commits and at this point the differences to vanilla LE is very minor.

Great job indeed! Would this have only impacted the 20160812 build though? I have the 20160806 build working with my library.

EDIT: I think I remember this is when you changed gcc versions because of a FLAC issue.

BlockABoots

Doesn't seem to crash here.

jaykass

Nothing I can do about Kodi bugs.

OK, regarding my issue with Kodi not starting.

On my 64GB card:
    1. Clean install of LE Alpha 4 on Pi3. Works well.
    2. Load my video db. Continues to work well.
    3. Update to your build using 20160812 TAR, Pi3 boots but Kodi will not start.
    4. Delete video DB file using WinSCP. Kodi starts again.

Thinking it might be the capacity of the card causing issues:
    1. Clean install of LE Alpha 4 on Pi3 using 2GB card. Works well.
    2. Load my video db. Continues to work well.
    3. Update to your build using 20160812 TAR, Pi3 boots but Kodi will not start.
    4. Delete video DB file using WinSCP. Kodi starts again.

So, it might be a Kodi bug but it appears tied to the version of Kodi that you currently have in the build and/or something with the patches/edits that you have made.

Has no one else had a similar issue on a pi3 with the 20160812 build? :(

EDIT: Same results with Pi2. Previous version of 20160806 did not have this issue.

Fresh install of LibreELEC (Krypton) v7.90.004 ALPHA -> LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-8.0-devel-20160812.tar update doesn't want to boot up on rpi3. I can grab logs later if needed, but didn't have time to do so yet.

EDIT:
    Looks like its something to do with my music and video db files. I had copied the DBs from an OSMC installation of Kodi 16 that I am migrating from. For now, I am just recreating my library from scratch.

So, it was working when I didn't copy my databases over. However, about 25% into my library scan it crashed. And then continued to crash repeatedly.

Here is the initial crash during the scan:
    libreelec_crash - Pastebin.com

And the subsequent crashes:
    libreelec_crash2 - Pastebin.com

Until I delete the Video DB then it boots once again.

Fresh install of LibreELEC (Krypton) v7.90.004 ALPHA -> LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-8.0-devel-20160812.tar update doesn't want to boot up on rpi3. I can grab logs later if needed, but didn't have time to do so yet.

EDIT:
    Looks like its something to do with my music and video db files. I had copied the DBs from an OSMC installation of Kodi 16 that I am migrating from. For now, I am just recreating my library from scratch.

I am having some strange behavior on 20160806 (using pi3) build regarding Docker and the --network=host option.

I'm using my own docker containers for sonarr, transmission, and nzbget (as I had them operating properly on a previous OSMC build using docker 1.10.3). However, on your build when I run them using --network="host" option and restart=always, sonarr is able to communicate with the other containers using localhost...until I reboot. Following a reboot, the containers all restart but sonarr can no longer communicate with the others using localhost. It is odd because otherwise they all function properly after the reboot (I verified by going to each of the web interfaces). If I stop the containers (but not remove) and then restart them, all is functioning properly again.
    Like so:

Code
    docker stop sonarr
    docker start sonarr

Is there anything you have done with the installed Docker version that causes this behavior or is this an odd bug?

Docker run example:

Of much lower importance:
    I noticed on the pi version very few retroarch cores are installed initially (particularly Sega Genesis and TG-16). Though, I was able to add more via the built-in updater in retroarch. It also appears that the es-systems.cfg is sparse with systems and will require adding a number of systems in manually (not a huge deal but may be difficult for newer users).

Lastly, if I start emulationstation and press the select button (this usually brings up some sort of metadata editor) while a rom file is highlighted, ES crashes and kodi restarts.

I have not tried the Milhouse builds. At any rate, I got it working just thought I'd report back that some sort of issue exists in the resizing routine.

Side note, once I started loading my library, I was having a ton of issues with sluggishness. I didn't look too much into it as it was getting late.

In regards to hanging at the storage resizing step:
    I tried a different microSDHC card (32GB Unirex) and a new power supply (2.5A) as I discovered I had been using a 1A power supply leftover from my original Pi 1B. Even with the new stuff, I had the same problem. Again, not a big deal since I still can get up and running by using LibreELEC Alpha 3 first and then updating to your build. Just sharing.

I must admit I never really test the image, normally I just upgrade. Can't think of a reason why it wouldn't work either, as far as the OS goes it's mostly vanilla LE8. Have you tried Milhouse builds for example, do they work when flashed to your card?

I have not tried the Milhouse builds. At any rate, I got it working just thought I'd report back that some sort of issue exists in the resizing routine.

Side note, once I started loading my library, I was having a ton of issues with sluggishness. I didn't look too much into it as it was getting late.